Recoend me an ipod docking stand

S3 Rav

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Right i've got my bday comming up and thinking of getting an ipod docking stand. Want something at a reasonable price £200-300 max.

Love the look of the B&W Zeppelin but am open to other cheaper options if they prove to be just as good.

Any help or useful sites would be appreciated.

Rav:thumbsup:

Yea have seen that gops just wanted to see what peoples own experiences were. You get back alright on Sunday evening?

I had the Bose SoundDock and I would 100% recommend it! in fact I had two (SoundDock and SoundDock 2) the Bose is amazing how it can fill a room I loved it! the B&W Zeppelin looks great but when I listened to it in the shop I wasn't bowled over by the sound

Thanks hoggy. It's only early days so haven't listened to either yet think thats what I've got to do. Did you look at any certain sites for prices or reviews bud?

I was in a Bose shop the first time and it was sort of a 'I WANT THAT' it was on offer as it was Christmas time.
The second time it was between the B&W and the Bose so I compared them in John Lewis but still went with the Bose sorry cant be any more of a help pal

I have a Sony one which when bought was around £250 but have since seen it for around £180. Reason I bought it was because it has a big rechargeable battery in it so is proper portable. Battery lasts around 7 hours so great to pick up and take outside for bbqs etc. Sound is good quality, probably not as good as Bose but bass is crisp and treble clear. Has some different sound presets if you're into that kind of thing, remote control, and line in so it can play from another source. Link below:

RDP-X80iP (RDPX80iP) : Portable Audio : Sony

I am with S3 Hoggy, get the Bose.
I looked at it in Dixons ages ago and plugged my iPhone into it and turned the volume up to see what it sounded like. It was loud in a store as large as that and the sound quality was superb. I played "Hold on I'm coming" by Sam and Dave, and it seemed like most people in the store liked it.

But oh the temptation to play the Dead Kennedy's:rock:

No question, get the B&W Zeppelin, absolutely love it; best bass i've ever had from a system also has 3.5mm audio in for laptops etc. If you get the Zeppelin Air you can stream from itunes (the original itunes you can only stream through airport express)

Im a bit biased on this one, but as my mates a uk director for bowers and wilkins, you must hear the zeppelin.Simply awesome.I have a mini zepp and that too is brilliant.In my experiance, bose sucks.All tits and *** and no waist.I have at the mo a set of companion 3 for my pute and its pretty average.All sub bass and treble.But each to thier own.We all have differant ears.I must say that oth companies have excellent after sales, ive only had to use bose once cos my quietcomfort phones packed up.replaced asap no questions.

jonny would your mate be able to give me a good deal on one?

I too would go for the Zepplin. I bought one last year and it sounds sweet.