1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Recent VCDS version changes

JohnM100 Aug 19, 2020

1. JohnM100

JohnM100 Registered User Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I have been a VCDS user for ~15 years.

Is it just me or have the options / adaptations in v20 become so complicated they are near impossible to find and understand on newer versions?

About 18 months ago I did changes in less than a minute but trying to change the same thing now is just a ‘mare to find?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. rum4mo

rum4mo Registered User

Yes, I noticed yesterday that moving the handbrake into the service position has gone, over the past few years/versions from "basic settings - group 007" to a pull down menu, that was okay once, I suppose, what is not okay over the pat few versions is, resetting service indicator seems to go through the motions and resetting all the relevant fields - then I still end up with "service due"! Now that is a bit annoying, in previous versions I had that with a late 2009 SEAT Ibiza so just grabbed my Carista dongle and iPhone and reset it, I was an early adopter of Carista so that function is "free". So, with my brain in neutral, I had been scanning my 2011 S4 prior to resetting the service indicator, then added my car to VCDS and so "used up a VIN" - I had meant to avoid doing that unless absolutely necessary as with luck, I've made all the changes I want to make prior to upgrading to VCDS HEX2 - so not only did I "use up a VIN" but I still needed to use Carista to reset the service indicator!!