Recent observations re the MMI issues

SamB2020

Reaction score
As many of you may well know I’ve had many issues with my MMI in my car. It’s been back to the dealership many times, but one thing I’ve noticed is the last time it came back it worked fine for 3 weeks until I used CarPlay.
can anyone here say if they have issues with there MMI who are not using CarPlay or are using Android Auto ?
Im convinced my problems are Apple iPhone related. For now I’m going to use the system without connecting the phone to see if the issues I’ve previously had reoccur.

Reactions: AdamInKent
I had my first MMI reinitialisation <10 minutes after picking it up from the dealership and that was using the Audi navigation. Hadn't even connected it to my iPhone at that point. I'm now convinced it's about location / cell handover. I finally left central London last week and didn't have it a single time. Yet happens multiple times back in London – usually around the same areas.

Reactions: DreamInCode, SillyGoose and AdamInKent
I had my first MMI reinitialisation <10 minutes after picking it up from the dealership and that was using the Audi navigation. Hadn't even connected it to my iPhone at that point. I'm now convinced it's about location / cell handover. I finally left central London last week and didn't have it a single time. Yet happens multiple times back in London – usually around the same areas.
? cell tower contention. Have only done 400 miles so far in Cornwall - no MMI issues so far ( risky statement ! )

Hey Sam, I've never had any black screen flickering etc on both my cars but I'm an Android user.

One of my good friends who has the sportback had flickering issues until he stopped using carplay now just uses it through Bluetooth

Reactions: SamB2020
So far I haven't had any flickering and I'm a Carplay user.