recaros stuck after head on collision , want to remove from car

kryton

Reaction score
Happy new year all....
my S3 was in a head on collision a little while back and was declared a cat b write off. I have since got the car back from the insurance and am storing it in a mates barn.
I was passing today and popped in to have a look at the car, and the seatbelts are already starting to go a bit mouldy, so I thought i would have a look at getting the interior out and into my spare room so they can be cleaned up and stored until I decide what im going to do with them.
The seats appear to have locked in place though.... is this a safety feature like the seatbelts locking on impact?
Is there a way to un-jam/lock these? I cant get to the bolts on the metal runners at the mo.
I have tried a search on this but only seem to get info on the seatbelts,
cheers Kryton

The bolts to remove the seats are right underneath at the front?

Shine a torch under them, and two bolts should be visible. Undo those, and the seat should lift out.

I believe the seats do have some sort of anti submarining feature, but have no knowledge of it or whether that renders those bolts inaccessible or the seats useless after it has been activated.

If it's been in a collision, then check the frames of the front seats. Having seen some before, they tend to twist making them un-safe for them to be re-used

seats are free now with some help from Jims3 yesterday, thanks very much !