Recaro's in a 8V

CraigI

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted any?

Or any other brand of aftermarket seat?

If so, pics please, any issues encountered etc.

Someone put in Recaros here on this forum, you'll need to do a search. Can't remember his name. All i remember was that he couldn't afford RS4 wingbacks ;) haha jokes.

I've got Cobras in mine not recaros.
A mate of mine had recaro cs's in his 8v though.

At the time of fitting neither company offered a seat rail to fit the 8v so both sets were custom mounted.

Didn't do the install myself, my audio guy did them. He's done a few sets the same way and didn't take him too long though.

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Jassyo06
There's a place called plush automotive and I think they will have what you are looking for @Craigl

I've got Cobras in mine not recaros.
A mate of mine had recaro cs's in his 8v though.

At the time of fitting neither company offered a seat rail to fit the 8v so both sets were custom mounted.

Didn't do the install myself, my audio guy did them. He's done a few sets the same way and didn't take him too long though.

View attachment 75541
Where did you source the seats from? What kind of ball-park figure would I be looking at if you don't mind saying?

Where did you source the seats from? What kind of ball-park figure would I be looking at if you don't mind saying?

I got mine from demon tweeks.

Paid £1150 each although they're cheaper now

Reactions: Wondering Soul
I got mine from demon tweeks.

Paid £1150 each although they're cheaper now
Nice one! Do you know if your guy had much trouble fitting them? They look so good, almost an OEM match with the interior!

Nice one! Do you know if your guy had much trouble fitting them? They look so good, almost an OEM match with the interior!

Not too bad by all accounts. He uses a steel plate as a base. Attaches that too the car then used universal runners to fit the seat

The leather is as near as makes no difference the same as the car, different grain but colours spot on

Not too bad by all accounts. He uses a steel plate as a base. Attaches that too the car then used universal runners to fit the seat

The leather is as near as makes no difference the same as the car, different grain but colours spot on
Good stuff!

Will do this myself so was just wondering if he needed custom rails or not etc. Liking the look of the Cobra seats a little more than the Recaro's, they really do look amazing to me, I'm basically the same interior colour as you as well..

Good stuff!

Will do this myself so was just wondering if he needed custom rails or not etc. Liking the look of the Cobra seats a little more than the Recaro's, they really do look amazing to me, I'm basically the same interior colour as you as well..

Yeah I prefer the Cobras as they're something different to the norm. Carbon backs are nice too.

My only issue is they get uncomfortable on long journeys

Yeah I prefer the Cobras as they're something different to the norm. Carbon backs are nice too.

My only issue is they get uncomfortable on long journeys
Luckily I only drive more than 20 miles at a time once or twice a year ha