Recaro seat repairs

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
do any companies repair the seats? Passenger seat tilt n slide doesn't work and neither does the door side handle

Any trimmers worth their salt, should be able to do the job, it won't be cheap though, you could have a look on the manuals section in the stickies, there is a strip down rebuild of the recaros in the manual.

I spoke to a company who quoted £700 to redo the leather and blue alacantara front and back seats but they said they didn't fix the mechanism just re upholster the seats

Dont need new seats mine are in good shape apart from the tilt n slide on passenger seat

As I said, there is a guide on the recaro seats in the manuals section, it sounds like the tilt cable has snapped, a replacement guide is covered in said manual.

You have to download the a3 manuals, then scroll through until you find the recaro seat section.

TJ did you have any joy solving this problem?

I'm pulling my hair out. My S3 failed it's mot because the driver seatwont slide using the side lever. I've had a look and can't see anything broken like in other threads.

If you managed to work it out you're goin straight in my top ten people ever

I had a look under both seats while I tilted them forward and it looks like a rubber clip that holds to bars together is missing I'm looking at buying a seat from a s3 or an a3 cause don't need a full set (trying to find out if mechanism are the same in a3 seats)

Mmmmm.... This is ****** ********s!

No way im forking out to replace what is otherwise a perfectly good seat.

I pulled the side panel off yesterday to try and fix it but can't get it back on and now it doesn't tilt OR slide

I can't believe how much hassle this is causing

I know I was looking for one with airbags that had gone off or something so I can just swap over the mechanism even they are £100 ish

I had a look under both seats while I tilted them forward and it looks like a rubber clip that holds to bars together is missing I'm looking at buying a seat from a s3 or an a3 cause don't need a full set (trying to find out if mechanism are the same in a3 seats)
A3 seats have a completely different mechanism.