Reasons to love your S3 - S3 owners only please! :-)

LCR....
Cheaper, really in what sense?
Faster, standard I'd say there about the same
more econimical, probably but not by much
more practical, agree
better spec, do not agree, better brakes, electric folding mirrors and 18inc alloys is about all they have over the S3, where as the S3 has a lot more as standard and as options over the LCR

Don't forget, the LCR is F*CK ugly!

Fair play a valid opinion, spent 4 years in S3 recaros on and off and found them to be great for all round comfort, LCR seats give me lower back ache but so do a lot of other seats so I'm sure with enough adjustment I could get them to be suitable.

prawn I get where your coming from with the lcr and ok the power to weight is better in the lcr but on the road with the average driver there won't be much between them in terms of performance. In terms of spec the s3 has small extras as standard, extra interior and exterior lighting, dis, xenons and then the options list adds things like heated seats, sunroof, parking sensors, arm rest, auto dimming rearview mirror, cruise control. As for the recaros, yes not as supportive as other sports seats available but still very comfy, the lumber support is great and so is the extendable seat base. The materials used in the interior are also better than those found in the seat.

What's the point in this thread? It's meant to be about the reasons why "S3" owners love their S3. Yet it has still turned into the usual comparison thread where we're told that something else is better blah blah effing blah.

Can the A3 owners sod off to their own thread instead of arguing the toss over a ****ty heavy as **** back breaking seat or whether the golf came before the A3!

At the end of the day we've all got old Audi's that we love and spend a lot of money on. I've never driven an A3 or an LCR so I can't comment on either but I don't really care. I own an S3 and I've owned it longer then any other car I've owned and that's because it good at everything I've had from all my previous cars rolled into one.

Reactions: S3quatt, CHEZ and AVLO
Whilst in S3 ownership I did think should I have bought a Cupra R and fitted a diff with the money left over as I loved the diff in the civic but then I thought fck that I'd be the same as the other 1001 cupras I see each week and plus I've been sick of boring fwd for years just never got away from it sooner. Wanted 4wd or rwd for ages and I finally have it. Maybe not the full time 4wd I'd have liked but its better than spinning up 1 wheel like a tool if wanting to pull out of a junction quickly. Also I'd rather kill myself than spend one second on scn lol.

Reactions: Westy
Well his car does have s3 wheels, seats and steering wheel...maybe he's got an a3 inferiority complex :whistle2:

So jardo says to people that he has an S3? ;)

Pretty sure this is why Westy.

It's much easier and more enjoyable to be negative about other things than it is to be positive about what you've got. It's a fact of life.

What's the point in this thread? It's meant to be about the reasons why "S3" owners love their S3. Yet it has still turned into the usual comparison thread where we're told that something else is better blah blah effing blah.

Can the A3 owners sod off to their own thread instead of arguing the toss over a ****ty heavy as **** back breaking seat or whether the golf came before the A3!

At the end of the day we've all got old Audi's that we love and spend a lot of money on. I've never driven an A3 or an LCR so I can't comment on either but I don't really care. I own an S3 and I've owned it longer then any other car I've owned and that's because it good at everything I've had from all my previous cars rolled into one.

Easily fixed! :whistle2:

Reactions: Westy
I only respond to unreasonable statements on the whole, and you'll notice I argue just as much if not more against jardos "best car in the world" posts.

the point I was trying to make earlier, is that rather than telling us what you don't like about an a3, tell us what you DO like about your S3, westy, tuffty, Karl and others got the idea. But many did not and saw it as a cheap dig at the 'lesser' car.

The thread is about why s3's ARE great, not about why A3's are not. So as a3 owners I don't think we should be expected to sit through a slagging match and keep quiet.

I don't own an s3, but I love them because they still look special when you see one on the rosd at dusk with the big fat arches and the xenons glowing that you didn't see on many cars of the time, reminds me of the nights spent staring at them as a kid :)

Reactions: azman and Westy
Another reason why I love it........

DSC_0512.jpg

Reactions: A3AH
I love the pre facelift interior, just so chunky somehow, and in that blue combo it looks epic too!

I love my S3 because it managed to get me safely to where I needed to be during the snow! While my girlfriends car and father in laws useless CLS couldn't even get off the drive!

C3D66E64-999D-4F47-976C-08EECEB85BC4-9759-000004D991A5B29F.jpg

argghhhh Fred's getting angry. :undwech:

Prawn:1786380 said:
I love the pre facelift interior, just so chunky somehow, and in that blue combo it looks epic too!

It's one of the reasons what sold me it and that huge grin from my face when my right foot hit 260ponnies...... :)

I like my S3 because alot of people round my way dont know about S3/A3 differences I like how its got a fat rear end and how it can drift if you want it to and can pull its self straight and put a big smile on my face (although not as big a grin as my turbo ka)

I feel good when I drive it and like how it feels to be in. Every time I drive it.

I think it looks a little dated (less so with 18" RSTT's) when compared to my next car (an 8P) but it's fast enough to get into trouble, it's quiet (no rattles or squeaks), has a great stereo, heated leather and feels like a premium object. For a 10 year old car, that's a great set of qualities.

BUT the worst part of owning an S3 (aside from the scratched headlight switch)?

I log on here, keen to see the projects and to learn about my car's foibles. BUT my partner may sometimes look over my shoulder, interested to see what's engaged me, and invariably she'll see me reading threads that resolve down into the playground argument of "my car is superior because I paid more for it...", "...because Haldex...", "...Because FWD..." and "but, but... my highly-modified car's better/ faster/ lighter...".

EVERY. F*CKING. TIME.

***, boys - it's puerile and frankly, meaningless. You bought the car, be happy with your lot or STFU and do something to get a better car!

I know that's not what ASN is about, but 2-3 pages of internet chest beating? C'mon! It's gay (in an immature, 90's derogatory sense of the word!).

The technical knowledge on this forum is *astonishing* and I love it for that, but the relentless ****-swinging is f*cking tiresome and makes this place the worse for it... "Yay! I won some pointless internet one-upmanship contest! Go, me!".

[/rant].

Last edited:
I love my S3 because it's now on 147k miles and drives just as perfectly as it did when on 40k. Still damn quick and looks the mutts nuts. Did I mention that the colour gives me a hard on.....?

The best thing about my s3 was fuel consumption and only having to buy one of everything :( lol

Its all good bud, there're far more advantages to having swapped :)

3 pages in and I still can't believe this hasn't been mentioned....

1 of the reasons I love my S3 is that you get to be a member of the best area on ASN!!! the 8L section!!

I mean it's so good- people who don't even own an 8L still come back to provide helpful information and guidance to current owners :)

I also love it how 10+ years on....newly developed products are being made and area's of the ECU are still being discovered to add things such as Launch Control.

Ohh and I love it how there is so much competition between the A3 and S3 owners on here- if anything it only fuels the reason to develop our cars even more as we are so passionate about getting the best bang for buck from our motors.

Reactions: A3AH and Westy
And i think it must be about 3/4 years left until VW give them the boot. Then people wont be able to use that excuse anymore lol.

Nice cars but two major drawbacks:
- Having to admit to owning a Seat. Then have to explain "Oh, they're made by VW now..."
- They look ****.

Oi! TimeZoneSammy, that argument finished last night!

Get with the times man :laugh:

I love my s3 because i don't own one lol.

The discussion about confusion between the a3 and s3 made me laugh, is it the same kind of thing when someone owns an mg zr and people call it a rover 25?lmao.

Looks wise the s3 is top because it looks like an A3 lmao. And i personally loved having piano black recaros in my A3.

Not the most supportive, but looks made up for that, show boaters car really. Not like i own a tt or anything lol thats another discussion tho.

Someone needs to start a 'why i love my A3. 1.8turbo owners only' lmao.

Good job nobody has mentioned the Skoda Octavia shares the same Mk4 chassis as the Golf, LCR, A3 and S3... ah... ******!!!

<tuffty/>

Why do i like my S3.............

SAM 1025

It looks smooth!...... if you ignore the little scuff on the front bumper :whistle2: