Rear wishbone bush

G60DAN

Reaction score
Need new bushes in my rear wishbone on my S3 thinking of getting powerflex bushes (PFR3-508) REAR WISHBONE FRONT MOUNTING BUSH are these the right ones and how hard are they to fit. When fitting forge tie bars at the weekend found one of the wishbones had a lot of play in it.

Ok so knowone has ever changed rear wishbone bushes?

Need new bushes in my rear wishbone on my S3 thinking of getting powerflex bushes (PFR3-508) REAR WISHBONE FRONT MOUNTING BUSH are these the right ones and how hard are they to fit. When fitting forge tie bars at the weekend found one of the wishbones had a lot of play in it.

Powerflex

If you need number 4) in that link above I have a set brand new unused. There is also a guide around here somewhere for how to change them yourself which I'll find for you.

I bought them for my car then realised I had already changed mine...doh!

Ordered some 2 day all I need to do is fit them now.

fairly easy if you take your time.
fitted mine yesterday, and it makes a MASSIVE difference to the feel of the car.

few pointers:
1) unclip the brake pipes wherever you can, on the passenger side do it to the front of the car, on drivers side clip it off the trailing arm and around the fuel filter.
2) use a drill with a fairly large sharp piece, i made two holes right at the bottom edge and with a tap with a hammer and screw driver it fell right out, much to my suprise.
3) you'l just need a standard socket set, and some guns.
4) grease the CRAP out of the powerflex ones, easy getting them in the trailing arm, but getting the mount that attatches to the car over them is tricky, and hard to align the holes, get a hand with that!

thats pretty much it. oh, and you'l need alignment afterwards. The mount to the car has elongated holes, so there is side to side adjustment (for toe in/out). just try and put it back as it came off, there will be marks left by the bolts.

hope thats clear

Reactions: G60DAN
Finally got them done mate! You didnt split another brake line did you this time? :).

Thanks for all the help guys I will be getting 4WA at the weekend will let you all know how it feels.

Well had my 4wa done today but the machanic forgot to do one of the tie bars up so that was a pointless Exercise. Be on the phone in the morning didn't Notice the jelly like back end until I hit high speeds.

Nice one chaps, this is on my "spring to-do list" when I fit my Bilstein B8s.

Dan - did you only replace the front mounting bush? I was considering replacing the whole lot at the same time.

Hey Doc how you doing

I replaced all the bushes the Forge tiebars come with poly bushes I painted the lower arms and put poly bushes in them as well not a hard job to do. Didn't fancy doing the trailing arm so that went to the garage.

OK, good stuff Dan. Think I'll be doing that in the spring then. Can't feel any obvious play, but the OEM bushes are looking tired now (bit like me).