Rear wiper washer water entering boot?

Kuljit Singh

Reaction score
Hi guys, Having a werid issue with car. Rear wiper jets were blocked for some time. Didnt get round to unblock them with a needle.

Yesterday i noticed stopped turning on full spin and stopped half way. Upon lifting the wiper and putting back down, it would do the full spin and stop again in the middle.

When i opened boot door and there water dropping out from top area. Theres a long tray at the top with a turning knob to open, when i opened it, water came out of there too. Some of the water was rusty also.

So cleaned jets today, wiper working again and spinning on full. But after running it, water still drops out of boot. Please see photos and attached photos.

The jets have been blocked in the past too but never ever had water come down from the top of boot door.

Any idea how to fix? What issue could be?

Attachments

• 20220312_130201.jpg
    20220312_130201.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
  • 20220312_124037.jpg
    20220312_124037.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • ezgif-1-c1a56f52f9.gif
    ezgif-1-c1a56f52f9.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 146
is the washer still blocked or is it spraying normally now?, the wiper getting stuck is probably because theres water in the wiper motor. id take off the plastic around that area and take a look, i think it would be a punctured washer hose/bad seal. expose all the washer areas around there and then have someone spray the washer while youre watching that area, youll probably see water squirting out from somewhere

Reactions: Kuljit Singh
is the washer still blocked or is it spraying normally now?, the wiper getting stuck is probably because theres water in the wiper motor. id take off the plastic around that area and take a look, i think it would be a punctured washer hose/bad seal. expose all the washer areas around there and then have someone spray the washer while youre watching that area, youll probably see water squirting out from somewhere
Its spraying normal now but water comes out of boot door when lifting it up to open. However the wiper again isnt turning fully, its intermit, sometimes stops half way. How do i access the motor? Is it a big/expensive job? If the motor needs replacing? If its a punctured hose, whats best fix? Thanks

this video will show you how to remove the boot lid plastic, its a fairly simple job, once you remove that everything is exposed and you can try to spot where the water is coming from, as for the motor the part itself will cost between 80-100eur and fitting it isnt as easy since the wiper arm rusts to the motor shaft making it hard to remove. its highly unlikely that the hose is actually damaged, theres a seal between the motor and washer jet that the washer fluid passes through, my best bet would be that that seal is leaking, although also consider that the washer issue may be unrelated and you have rain water leaking in from somewhere, either way taking things apart and seeing if you can see anything obvious would be the first step

this video will show you how to remove the boot lid plastic, its a fairly simple job, once you remove that everything is exposed and you can try to spot where the water is coming from, as for the motor the part itself will cost between 80-100eur and fitting it isnt as easy since the wiper arm rusts to the motor shaft making it hard to remove. its highly unlikely that the hose is actually damaged, theres a seal between the motor and washer jet that the washer fluid passes through, my best bet would be that that seal is leaking, although also consider that the washer issue may be unrelated and you have rain water leaking in from somewhere, either way taking things apart and seeing if you can see anything obvious would be the first step

Great, thanks for that. Will get on the job coming weekend. If it is just the seal between the motor and washer jet, can that alone be purchased? Dealer only part? Or does it only come when you buy the motor?

Thanks.

Great, thanks for that. Will get on the job coming weekend. If it is just the seal between the motor and washer jet, can that alone be purchased? Dealer only part? Or does it only come when you buy the motor?

Thanks.
heres the rear wiper assembly, there is a grommet seal (no. 14) that can be purchased separately which you can find for under 10eur, not 100% sure on how its replaced but my best guess would be that youd have to pull the wiper arm off which will be very difficult to get off without a puller. note however that the washer fluid actually connects to a port on the back of the motor and passes through it so it could be a leak in the actual motor seal, which would also need the wiper arm pulling off to replace but will be 10x more expensive although if drying up the motor doesnt fix it stopping mid wipe you may need to replace it anyway

Hi guys, got the trim off and had a look at the issue. So when i spray the jets to wash rear window, im getting a leak from this area of the motor. The motor is seem to be working and doing its job. Its this cove bit (see photos) that is leaking. I cleaned it out and reconnected it but still leaks when i spray.

Does anyone know the part name/number or know if i can get this bit only? Or will i have to get the whole rear wiper motor?

Attachments

• 20220319_122221.jpg
    20220319_122221.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 1 7.mb.gif
    1 7.mb.gif
    7.5 MB · Views: 158
  • Snapchat-780771047.jpg
    Snapchat-780771047.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
from what i can see i dont think you can order that part specifically, i wouldnt replace the whole motor for it though, head down to your local scrapyard and pull it off another car, theyll probably give it to you very cheap (or stick it in your pocket when noones looking ;))
if that fails i would try to seal it with some silicone or something, its not a moving part is it?

actually look at the part closely first, if it can be ordered separately it will have its part number on it somewhere, no part number means you cant buy it separately

Thanks for the advice. Couldnt spot any part numbers on it. When im checking on ebay for example at the 2nd hand wiper motors, that part seems like it belongs to the wiper motor and not the hose.

I"ll try the scrap yard when i get time. Really dont want to be buying a new wiper motor for just a plastic piece.

Any idea what this particular bit is named?

Thanks for the advice. Couldnt spot any part numbers on it. When im checking on ebay for example at the 2nd hand wiper motors, that part seems like it belongs to the wiper motor and not the hose.

I"ll try the scrap yard when i get time. Really dont want to be buying a new wiper motor for just a plastic piece.

Any idea what this particular bit is named?
no clue what you would call it, perhaps a right angle hose adapter? if youre looking for a way to describe it to the scrap yard people id say just tell them where it goes and describe it, although in my experience for small bits like this they wont want to help you and will just tell you to go and find it yourself (ask for permission to disassemble a car to pull it off first though)

no clue what you would call it, perhaps a right angle hose adapter? if youre looking for a way to describe it to the scrap yard people id say just tell them where it goes and describe it, although in my experience for small bits like this they wont want to help you and will just tell you to go and find it yourself (ask for permission to disassemble a car to pull it off first though)
Struggling to find just that bit. All the scrappers sell it as a whole rear wiper motor unit and wont give just the hose adapter, same story with the main dealer and TPS too.

Im struggling to find exact one in second hand.

So the one in my car has a part number 8V0955711, when im searching around im finding some with the same part number but have a letter next to them, e.g. 8V0955711C or B. They look identical to mine but im not 100% sure if it would fit. Neither the sellers can confirm. Any idea what these letters mean? Anyone had any experiance with it? Thanks.

the letters are usually different variants or in some cases updated designs, not sure in relation to the motor
id be hesitant to replace the whole motor if its still working fine, try patch the leak with some silicone or epoxy or anything else you have on hand, heck duct tape might work for a while and it doenst need to be pretty since its behind the plastic trim