rear wiper on audi a4 avant

kashiskash

Reaction score
The rear wiper on my 2003 A4 Avant keeps coming on on its own what the heck is going on?

Doesnt the rear wiper have the control unit built in (well at least the B5 one does anyway)
then what happens is the washer system fills the motor up ( because the seal packs up) and in turns starts buggering the circuits up in the motor and giving funny results till eventually it stops working all together.

Paul your reply sounds about right as the day the fault started I had unblocked the window wash jets

same happened to mine, needed a new washer unit in the rear. the old one was full of water!

how much was you stung for Chris?

Also just drove to work and the dashboard computer is flagging up error tailgate open now

how much was you stung for Chris?

Also just drove to work and the dashboard computer is flagging up error tailgate open now

Yeh, thats sounds like it! Mine was fixed by the dealer i bought the car off as i picked up on it days after getting the car, so i don't know how much it cost.
Give PJMspeedy a shout on here, he should be able to get you a price on the part needed.

In the meantime, i would be tempted to take the boot cover off, dry out the components as best you can and try not to use the rear wash wipe..

I had a similar issue - stripped out the rear trim and the rear washer was spraying washer fludi allover - the seal inside therear motor had gone - circuit board corroded and all the connections were shorting - that's why my tailgate wasn't registering as shut even though it was.

£45 for an '06 one from a scrap dealer and a few bits of cloth and cotton buds to dy out all the connections and bingo all sorted - I can even see out of my rear screen now!!

Edit:pJM quoted me around £85 which was still way cheaper than the stealers!