Rear wiper issue

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
My rear wiper has started continuously wiping on its own without me starting it. Also noted some rust coloured water come out the jets. I think this may be because my motor has suffered short circuit. Anyone else had this issue? I know rear wiper motor problems are fairly common on the A3 8p

Im tempted to open and see if repairable first. I think i might know what the outcome will be though...
Don't have time to replace at the moment so have just taken the fuse out as it was so annoying to have the wiper go off constantly
Any good place to buy a valeo one?

tbh, as its doing its own thing back there, the electronics are most likely fried. you aint fixing that.
changed mine out last year, bought a used valeo 579603 for £20. the date stamp on it was 2014 so 3 years newer than my original. new is about £70.

agree with chris, get a valeo. the chinese ones (if it aint valeo, its chinese) have their own issues.

Im tempted to open and see if repairable first. I think i might know what the outcome will be though...
Don't have time to replace at the moment so have just taken the fuse out as it was so annoying to have the wiper go off constantly
Any good place to buy a valeo one?
Firstly if ur going to take apart and try and repair something that is not salvageable and i can bet ur not going to mention u couldn't fix it .( and am all in gor trying urself
Why not just buy what the lads av said as there given u great advice and are experienced .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Yeah, was never fixing that lol.
Bought a new one and going to put it on at the weekend. Thx for the advice!