Rear wiper has a mind of its own

A3Craig

Reaction score
My rear wiper when switched on and off does a few cycles then stops half way on the screen and some times its fine and once it has gone off without the wiper stalk being in the correct position, whats the most likely cause? stalk, motor?

I had a motor replaced on mine for similar symptoms ,so i would say its the motor , not cheap though, £200 ish iirc

My oldmans 57plate A4 had this problem, took the trim panel off and found the ground corroded, so quick bit of de-corrosion at the stud and WD-40 and then that seemed to fix it, (this was saturday) so its been fine for 2 and a half days which he says is a record!

My rear wiper when switched on and off does a few cycles then stops half way on the screen and some times its fine and once it has gone off without the wiper stalk being in the correct position, whats the most likely cause? stalk, motor?

Loads of threads on the subject - try and do a search. Most likely is motor corroded inside with washer fluid. Latest motor has been modified and costs about £120 from Audi.

Mostly affects 2005 - 2007 models and is very common fault.

Reactions: audicruiser
That would be better on the pocket if it was just an earth, thanks, will have a look and let you know how I get on

Loads of threads on the subject - try and do a search. Most likely is motor corroded inside with washer fluid. Latest motor has been modified and costs about £120 from Audi.

Mostly affects 2005 - 2007 models and is very common fault.
. Mine is 2006 so could be, will take panel off and see what I find

Rang audi up and for a new rear wiper motor it's £115.72, however they have it on eurocarparts for £93.60 and with 25% discount code it makes it £70.20 :thumbsup:

Rang audi up and for a new rear wiper motor it's £115.72, however they have it on eurocarparts for £93.60 and with 25% discount code it makes it £70.20 :thumbsup:

Just make sure it's the latest version 8E9 955 711 suffix 'E'

FYI i found that Belfast Audi do a genuine motor 8E9 955 711E for £78 delivered from Ebay :thumbsup: