Rear wiper delete?

JohnnieWalker

Reaction score
I'm considering removing the rear wiper from my car, the rear jet was clogged, and after cleaning and refitting it split and now doesn't stay on, I guess the plastic was old and brittle.

Also the wiper blade is worn out, so to replace both could be £10 -£20, and I can get a proper delete kit for that price, that has a flush stopper.

Does anyone know if just removing the rear wiper motor can cause any error messages, and also what happens with the rear washer pump?

Is there a fuse I can remove to disable the rear washer pump, and then maybe just plug the washer pipe.

Any help appreciated :)

Why would you want to? And I just don't get these "kill all wiper" groups.
Haven't you noticed that the wiper is there for a reason?
I've only ever had one car that the rear window stayed clear, and that was a SEAT Toledo and that had a boot spoiler to aid it.

I know it divides opinion, as I've read posts elsewhere and many people are against the idea.

The rear wiper blade has been very poor for a while, so I've not used it for months, and haven't missed it.

Personally I prefer the look of the car without it, I'm still undecided, I may try disabling it via coding first to see if I can live with no rear wiper.

Another option might be to upgrade the arm/blade whilst replacing it, as at least some of the newer designs look a bit better, but not sure if they have the water jet combined in the spindle?

The end of this video does give an idea of how the rear wiper can be disabled via coding, although I appreciate its a golf not an Audi A6.

I think the main reason with the A6 C6 Avant wiper delete is to avoid the broken washer pipe catastrophe! This is the well know problem of the washer jets water pipe breaking near the tailgate hinges and then the water runs down and onto the electrical items in the nearside rear quarter and killing them!

My previous A6 Avant had this problem within 2 years from new and Audi had to replace the Amp and Nav components under warranty, it then happened 3 years later! Again covered under warranty thankfully.

Reactions: JohnnieWalker
Yeah, I had heard of this, and was concerned that water was spraying somewhere it shouldn't be when no water was coming out of the rear washer/arm.

Luckily it was just a clogged nozzle spray in my case.

I read a post somewhere that explained that someone had repurposed their rear washer pump/spray as an intercooler water spray cooler!

Probably not a mod I would consider, but pretty clever.