Rear wiper delete HELP

Caspper...

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting rid of my rear wiper on my 8P, Anyone to assist me with all the steps.
Cheers!!!!!!

Can be a pain to get off so be careful. I ended up buying a removing tool for mine

I have removed mine from my S3 and my previous MKV GTI also. Both occasions the nut was seized meaning I had to hacksaw the arm off. Simply to do, just means the wiper delete is permanent.

Yeah, search on youtube is full of good results...

Kill all wipers kit is pretty good and comes with the little bung to block the water line, which I thought was a nice touch. I would recommend getting a cheap set of trim removal tools as they make taking the trim off much simpler. Take your time with the clips and learn where each one is, then slide the tool near each clip and give it a solid pull. Repeat for rest of the clips. I also used fabric loom tape to secure all the wiring and connectors in the boot to stop rattles too.

Reactions: ch1z64
After you do it dig out the heated rear window button with a screwdriver 'cause you don't need that either .

After you do it dig out the heated rear window button with a screwdriver 'cause you don't need that either .

Slightly OTT.

Looks much better without the wiper.

d9f1d94105b009612a1cb58cfff1fd1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leshkin
The wiper is black , so what would you see ?

Too many young fashion victims also rocking heavy oversize wide wheels with stretched tyres running too much negative camber .

The wiper is black , so what would you see ?

Too many young fashion victims also rocking heavy oversize wide wheels with stretched tyres running too much negative camber .

Not all cars have tinted windows for the rear wiper to blend in. The wiper delete gives the rear a lot smoother look in my opinion, I’ve had the wiper removed on all the cars I’ve owned and has never caused me any problems. The wing mirrors are more than ample.

That’s your opinion isn’t it, everyone has different tastes and styles don’t they. Otherwise what a boring world it would be.

The mod isn’t illegal, many of cars come without a wiper it’s just personal preference.

Reactions: HHS3
Most cars have black interiors , so still black on black .

Your preference is a minority , you can't help your youth , wiper delete , the wheels , the tyres , the camber , I promise you , you will grow out of it .

Your preference is a minority , you can't help your youth , wiper delete , the wheels , the tyres , the camber , I promise you , you will grow out of it .

So only young people can have those modification then?
It’s not down to age, it’s down to taste.

What are you classing as “young” may I ask?

Reactions: leshkin

The OP didn't ask for critique, just a friendly request for help. Your personal preference is noted, but not sure how voicing it here adds to the thread other than to start a flame war. Wanting to make subtle changes to the exterior of one's car to make it look better in the eyes of the owner, does not mean that you also have to go down the stancenation route. Plus if someone wants to do something different, why judge? Why not accept that there are different approaches to car modification?

Totally agree with @Dannymoto though - age has nothing to do with personal taste.

Reactions: HHS3 and Dannymoto

Why don't you just let everyone be who they are and do what they want to do to their cars (yes, theirs, not yours) and you just carry on being you?

Reactions: Dannymoto