Rear wiper arm and motor

Reaction score
Anyone swapped the rear wiper motor ??? Mine has been stopping randomly but tonight when I tried to tap it free it was stuck so much I broke the rear wiper arm off doh.

Strip down job this weekend anyone done it ???

Last edited:
Stripped it down and it's the washer jet seal that has gone so filling the motor with water. Rusty mess in there. Cleaned it up and got it to seal with ptfe tape but don't think it will last.

New motor required if I want the wash to work

Common fault the seals fail over time, been like that for over 20 years since they started squirting water through the washer mechanism. You would think they would have reinforced the design by now, but as they fail after 4/5+ years Audi are not interested in telling manufacture (Valeo) to fix the issue, so just keep getting money selling replacement units.

I went through three of those washer units in 7 years with my A3 (59 plate), in the end I just stopped using the rear washer to save me going onto my fourth.

If the same thing still happens think I will avoid using it on the A6 still.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It's just as rubbish (design is the same as the Valeo one) and will fail in the same amount of time as your current one, it's just a bad design.