Rear window wiper delete info required please.

Compkiler

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the rubber grommet for the rear wiper delete please? I've got a leaky rear washer (the usual) and was thinking I may aswell just clean her up a bit, remove the wiper, remove the motor, block the washer pipe off and put a rubber gromet in the window! ??

What's the pros and cons with this? Apart from the obvious?

Or should I just get it repaired and keep the wiper? Hmmmmm

Ta

Any links would be appreciated please.

Last edited:
Hey, why not take all the wipers off for the ultimate tw@t look :)

Reactions: Compkiler
Best to keep the original wiper. You will need to inform your insurance company if you have removed one of the safety accessories on the car. Should you be involved in an accident which may have been caused by you not having good visibility, then the results may be quite severe. Just one opinion, that's all. .

Reactions: Compkiler
Best to keep the original wiper. You will need to inform your insurance company if you have removed one of the safety accessories on the car. Should you be involved in an accident which may have been caused by you not having good visibility, then the results may be quite severe. Just one opinion, that's all. .

So what about saloon cars and vans that don't actually have one..

You can get a glass one from glacdegent.de and looks rather clean. Much better than rubber grommets tbh

Clean your car each week and you wont have any visibility problems. I've ran without one since I bought it pretty much as the motor was broke so I removed it.

Go with what smurfworth suggested, I got one there spot on.

yep i got one of ebay too the glass one.. looks better.
item number on ebay 281503844338

For some its just an aesthetic reason, but tbh if you use it & its only because its faulty, I would get it repaired, as for me it annoys the hell out of me when its filthy & washing it once a week doesn't help on these winter roads & weather, summer maybe fine, but given uk weather is so unpredictable these days, for me I will always keep the wiper functional.

We've repaired a few for clients, so if you need it done, give me a shout :)