Rear window heater not working

Deansi

Reaction score
Looking for general advice.

Have an Audi A3 8VA 2014.
Suddenly my rear window heater has totally stopped working. The light on the control button will light for a few seconds and then will switch straight back off again.

Tried to check if it would possibly be a fuse that had gone but read online this fuse would be linked to something else which was still working so couldnt be that (can't remember what is said it was linked to)

Wanted to see if I could do some investigation before I took it into a garage and throw my money away

Any advice would be great!

In no particular order:

Fuse, [damaged] element, [faulty] switch.

Do you have a OBD scanner?

Checked the relay but it looks fine, I have a OBD scanner too. Don't seem to be able to pick anything up.

Checked the relay but it looks fine, I have a OBD scanner too. Don't seem to be able to pick anything up.
Can you get to the connection on the rear window? Not sure if it's the same on the Audi's but in work sometime it's just the slide on/off spade connection that has either come adrift or has corroded over time, if it's corroded you just need to clean it and reconnect it! It may also be a button type connection...can't recall what the A3 has.

Have you recently taken any stickers or hanging things off the rear window, could be that one of the lines going across has been damaged.
Or it could just be a faulty switch!