Rear wheels loose feeling

miltybilty

Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if I could get some input.

The back of my car always sorta wiggles over cracks or imperfections in the road including changing lanes that have a slight paving line in between ....
I checked my rear wheels and they seem loose ....
Bolts are all tight, suspension is all new except the top control arm (but that doesn't affect the longitudinal flexiness that's apparent), also a few upgraded bushings in the process as well .... soooooo .....

What is the looseness I feel when I grip the spokes at 9 and 3 and wiggle side to side ....
I can't really feel as much looseness as much as I'm seeing the wheel twist a little and when driving I notice the rear of the car feel unsettled ....
There seems to be less flex in my father's SUV rear wheel assembly ....
Something to note, is that the rear wheel bearings are probably the original from 187000 km ago .... haven't ever changed them since I've owned the car and they seem very rusty.

So are the bearings loose or are these cars just a little loose in the rear wheels from factory??

Maybe some of you could see if you have any flex in your rear wheels to tell me whether this is usual or not ....

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

That car is causing you some problems mate going by ur posts , me personnelly i would have got rid off it seems to be a money pit .

Reactions: miltybilty
Nothing on the car should feel loose where wheels or suspension is concerned, it should all be tight and solid (except for movement as intended).
If your alloys are fitted correctly but there is still some play, then I would expect the wheel bearings to be on their way out, BUT you would have some noise to accompany the problem.
Maybe the car has hub spacer kit fitted but they aren't seated correctly?

Either wheel bearings or hub itself? Take it to a decent garage and they should be able to diagnose it. Have you had spacers on the back?

Nothing on the car should feel loose where wheels or suspension is concerned, it should all be tight and solid (except for movement as intended).
If your alloys are fitted correctly but there is still some play, then I would expect the wheel bearings to be on their way out, BUT you would have some noise to accompany the problem.
Maybe the car has hub spacer kit fitted but they aren't seated correctly?
Ya that's what I thought .... Shouldn't be any play .... I did at one point have spacers on the back .... But haven't run them in over a rear ....

And I thought maybe it's the bearings, but the bearings would make noise if they were loose or wearing out right?

Then again .... I've heard of bearings going without making noise .... Just causing vibrations etc.