Rear washer

Jeebsy

Reaction score
I unblocked the rear washer after I got the car and it sort of worked but it's totally blocked again.

Even after it was soaked in vinegar and cleaned out it was still pretty pish, the spray only went about three inches so you just got a wee tiny semi circle cleaned properly.

Are there any parts off other models or cars that actually work and could be used as a replacement? Or do you just have to live with cleaning the jet out every few months?

Are you using screenwash? Could the mixture be too strong or mixed brands creating some sort of paste? Do you live in a hard water area?
Dave

I soaked it in vinegar before but this time used a mixture of citric acid and stuff i use for cleaning my coffee machine - when i blew through it to clear quite a lot of gunk came out and it seems to be spraying quite well now...i retract my earlier grumpy rant.

A bit off topic but If anyone knows the secret of aligning the rear jets please let me know as I've tried so many times and failed. Just the slightest movement either way seems to throw them off target to anywhere but where they should be :triumph:

Reactions: RichMk3
I had exactly the same problem, the slightest tweak and they spray everywhere. Settled for half coverage in the end

I had exactly the same problem, the slightest tweak and they spray everywhere. Settled for half coverage in the end
same, I only get the lower half of the screen sprayed :rage:

First off you need - Adjusting tool for washer jet -T40187- fitted with needle -3125/5A (This is an Audi Tool)

But I came across this not so long ago

S51-6191P01WL.jpg

Which does seem similar. CLICKY but appears to be 5mm too long but isn't that far out.

Then you need to know the settings -

a4-14718.png

Dimension -a- = 150 mm
Dimension -b- = 10 mm
Dimension -c- = 300 mm

If spray pattern does not match specifications, clean the contaminated washer jet.

All can be found here CLICKY

Reactions: SDHA4SLine
First off you need - Adjusting tool for washer jet -T40187- fitted with needle -3125/5A (This is an Audi Tool)

But I came across this not so long ago

S51-6191P01WL.jpg

Which does seem similar. CLICKY but appears to be 5mm too long but isn't that far out.

Then you need to know the settings -

a4-14718.png

Dimension -a- = 150 mm
Dimension -b- = 10 mm
Dimension -c- = 300 mm

If spray pattern does not match specifications, clean the contaminated washer jet.

All can be found here CLICKY

All good in theory but you still have to adjust the stupid jets manually (which is so hit and miss) and keep trying to measure where the jet hits the screen whilst the blade is moving, nice one audi !

if the jets are pre-set then I think I may just buy a new set at £6

That's what the tool is for Steve. You set it to the point you want it to hit the screen and jobs a good un!

And I can't see the jest being factory set to be honest.

That's what the tool is for Steve. You set it to the point you want it to hit the screen and jobs a good un!

And I can't see the jest being factory set to be honest.
ah right I see, just need to find this tool for less than snap on £30 odd then

The one above comes in at just over £11 and should do the same job and the needle in the end comes to a point, once inserted into the jet it will come out at the exact same angle as the water.

The one above comes in at just over £11 and should do the same job and the needle in the end comes to a point, once inserted into the jet it will come out at the exact same angle as the water.
the genuine audi one?

Sorry OP completely :sign hijacked: your thread

Reactions: carlcall
Don't worry about it, it's still sort of relevant - also thought the jet adjusting tool was a joke at first but it's actually a thing!

I can't believe there is a tool for this, my life is now complete :D