Rear Tailights?

marnie2k

Reaction score
Hi guys
i am thinking of buying some 2008 > (i think it is a 8p3?) rear tail lights for my 55 reg a3 sline .
is there any coding or anything like that to do or is it just simply take the old lights out and put the new lights in? has anyone got any before and after pics? thanks

Straight swap for 3dr.
MY11 lights on mine
XogiL.jpg

Roman do you have the part numbers for the my11s? Could you pm me please thank you
I got them off Nigel (NHN), if you send him a PM im sure he can give you the PN since i dont have it writen down, sorry.
If you cant get it then send me a PM and ill take them off and take a pic of the PN for you, but im sure if you ask in your thread (nice bumper by the way) some one will help you out.

For reference

Part Numbers:
A8P3 945 095 C
A8P3 945 096 C

Dont know which is left or right.
Mine were £150

is there different types of 8P3 rear lights like or are they all the same from 8P3 sports to 8P3 sline?
or were like a mark 4 golf se used to have orange indicators in the rear lights and gt tdis used to have smoked rear lights?

I've got some 06/ 09 look One for sale cheap in forsale section

is there different types of 8P3 rear lights like or are they all the same from 8P3 sports to 8P3 sline?
or were like a mark 4 golf se used to have orange indicators in the rear lights and gt tdis used to have smoked rear lights?
They are all the same.

oh soo MY09 and MY11 are both the same for s3's sline sorts se's ??? i thought MY11 were a little bit darker?

the MY11 lights are darker. but there is no difference in the MY09 ones S3 Sline Etc

depends on the colour of your car mate. I am tossing up the darker MY11's and the more "redish" MY09's for mine.

where did you get yours from? how much should i be paying for them? i have seen on on ebay for 200 + p&p but imported from germany

Mine were £150

Thats what he paid me, but they wernt £150 to buy normally, I paid the rest as goodwill gesture :)

I can supply bnib 09 or 11 rear lights, delivered by fedex, PM if interested.

Pm's lmfao do you actually reply then ?:icon_thumright:

Fella what were your words to me, no hurry, future reference, its only been 1.5 days ,lol, I'll get the pm over to you later, just from your words it wasnt urgent as wasnt an install to be done now.

Last edited:
Yes, PM me if want a set delivered to door.

May also be interested in rear lights on a 55 plate black sportback - is it a straight swap? What's the difference between 09 and 11 lights? Anyone got any photos? Thanks

May also be interested in rear lights on a 55 plate black sportback - is it a straight swap? What's the difference between 09 and 11 lights? Anyone got any photos? Thanks

SB didnt change lights since 09, it was 3dr thats had changes in 09 & 11, although the SB 09 change was significant & looks great with led rings, not straight swap, there are adapters but I dont recommend them tbh.

Pricey compared to some mods we do, nah I'd say low level :) Complicated, also nah let someone else do for you :) Like me hint hint :p