Rear suspension noise gone :)

RobF

2018 S3 Saloon
Reaction score
Hi all, I am sure this has already been shared before but just in case it hasn't.

My S3 Saloon has had noisy rear suspension since new and the dealer has been helpful and said let it settle and get it in if it wasn't any better.

My salesman Simon contacted me last week to advise of an Audi TPI 2042575/3 and to get it booked in with the service dept.

I has been in today and they have fitted new upper suspension bushes at the rear and hey presto the noise has gone.

Very very happy bunny as now can use full on dynamic mode with needing to turn up the stereo so can enjoy the exhaust again :)

Thanks to Camberley Audi for their usual excellent service and if any one else has the same issue quote the TPI number and hopefully yours can be fixed too.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
It's good they've fixed your car, however can I asked if the tpi is only for the s3 saloon?

I'm not sure but I doubt it I guess that could be what the /3 bit is for. Maybe /1 for hatch /2 for sport back etc. I'm only guessing though. Does your car suffer as well then?

Thanks for your quick reply, I do have some groaning from the rear but only when I am going downhill over bumps when the car is cold. Its just been in for a service and audi didn't mention anything about a tpi. However I am not definately sure it is the suspension or the rear door seals themselves..

I'm not sure but I doubt it I guess that could be what the /3 bit is for. Maybe /1 for hatch /2 for sport back etc. I'm only guessing though. Does your car suffer as well then?

The /1 or /2 is the version number to the TPI, Usually as they find out more about an issue & it's solution or the range of models or VINs affected

Reactions: RobF
I had the foghorn noise and it went when rear brake pads were changed - what noise did the suspension make?

It was a bump like there was something in the boot when you went over bumps, it sounded like the suspension hitting bump stops all the time. Thankfully all gone now :)

Any chance of posting pictures of the part that was changed?