Rear Spolier

Reece Brookes

Reaction score
I know this is probably on here somewhere but Ive done a fair bit of reading and cant find it yet.

Ive just had my spoiler delivered for my A3 but I am wondering whats the best way to mount it. Id prefer to avoid drilling if possible so wondering what types of glue/mould to use ??

Thank you

Attachments

• _1342443119.jpg
    _1342443119.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 342_0.jpg
    342_0.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 115
You may need one or two screws, I'm not sure how they are held on from factory but also use window urethane to glue it down. You may get away with just the urethane.

Reactions: DrSasso
I think my mate used black silicone adhesive on his spoiler on his mx5. Put a liberal bead around and X pattern and then we let it set for a day or so with two massive crt monitors weighing it down.

I think the problem you'll have with trying to mount without drilling will be keeping a big and constant pressure on the spoiler against the car...

Maybe if you could make something that holds the outside edge of the spoiler and the wedge that between a wall inside a garage and the car maybe?

Hopefullyb someone with a bit more experience will chime in :) rather than my guess work and crazy ideas haha

Now if your car has the 3rd brake light it will be attached by 2 screws and usually its a bonding agent ( what kind i have no idea ) but i know that @Ash187 ( retrofitter ) has a post up somewhere on here telling you how to prep and install the spoiler as i was going to take mine off and get wrapped so check all the other sections ie retrofits and it could be in there somewhere .

Reactions: DrSasso