rear spoiler?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
im thinking about getting one of the smaller lip spoilers instead of the normal one i have on my b5 but what ones have people gone for and what one do people think looks best?

if I were to have one it would be the small BMW type one

thats the sort i mean. just not sure if the cheap ebay ones are any good or if there is a better one to go for.

I had one of the cheapo rubber ones off eBay when I first got my S4 and it looked good.

Took it off to fit an E36 Compact spoiler about a year ago, but never got round to fitting it when I realised how much fannying about it involved.

BMW E36 one is the one to have, nice and discreet :)

Hi there.....I love my A6 and can be pretty anal about how it looks and keeping it clean etc. I wanted a rear bootlid spoiler but Audi was asking around £300 supplied / painted n fitted......A lot I thought for what it was.

I checked Ebay and found a seller from Taiwan who sold me the exact same spoiler ( painted to match my car - perfect match, even the guys at Audi say so ) and delivered to my front door all for under £50...
Well chuffed..
I'm gonna post up this link for you....I do not know if this is the same guy as it was a while ago although it looks the same.

ebay_audi_spoiler

comes with 3m tape on and you fit yourself....takes around 10 - 15 mins.
Mines been on now for around a year and a half with zero problems.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Jim

thats bascially what ive got fitted to mine i got it new from german ebay delivered for £21 then cost me another £25 to have done sprayed properly

as sad uses 3m tape to hold in place and mines been on the car almost 3 years with no problems

Nice one 205man
Funnily enough I was actually in with a customer today and we ended up talking in the car park. He's recently bought a 1 year old A6 2.0 tdi for his wife and commented on the spoiler. Sumthin he wanted to do but dint wanna pay £300 notes for.
I put him in the same direction. I know though how sometimes these things can seem daunting....will it work, won't it etc etc
I figured for £50 I'd find out....lol

I bought a Carbon firbre M3 clone in the right shape and style to fit a B5 years ago delivered for around £50 IIRC, still on there now. All i have had to do is give it an extra coat of lacquer as it was looking weathered

Here is mine got it from taiwan gave seller the colour code match is perfect. Could match any code.
Saved me painting it.
No one ever says why did you stick that on?
looks good bad photo though
Cost about £30-40 if i remember
lip1640x480.jpg

I got one of the german ebay lip spoliers. Think it was about £30-£40 delivered, already sprayed but I've had it smoothed into the bootlid now though.

I got one of the german ebay lip spoliers. Think it was about £30-£40 delivered, already sprayed but I've had it smoothed into the bootlid now though.

Smoothed, eh!? How do you smooth it to the boot lid? I had thought of this, but wouldn't know how to go about it. Is it a simple job, or one for a body shop?:drool:

anyone have a pic of the smoothed lip spoiler at all?

remember seeing it somewhere and liking it but can't remember where....would be good to see it as its something i might do?

Ash

now i know how good they look i'm defo up for one of them guys an girls. think it would look good smoothed but i'll just stick with stiking it on for now lol:kissmyrings::kissmyrings:

I do like the M3-style lips, but not keen on the smoothed version. I like the lip looking seperate from the rest of the trunk.

Oooooh, I like the BMW Compact spoiler... there's a bit more shape to it than the one I have. Did you get it direct from a dealer...? If so, how much was it?

Cheers,

Giles

Oooooh, I like the BMW Compact spoiler... there's a bit more shape to it than the one I have. Did you get it direct from a dealer...? If so, how much was it?

Cheers,

Giles

You have to do quite a bit to the spoiler to make it fit as its made from a sort of plastic resin so you have to cut it and heat it to make it fit, not easy job.

I bought mine off ebay after hunting for one for months.

I followed the masses. Everything else I found (including the nornal Audi fit spoiler) was a bit OTT for my liking.

Old pic, but not got round to washing the car for about amonth and a half :(

Arch09-02.jpg

got a link for where you got yours yours Griswold? i bought one the neigbour of Geemans unpainted but doesnt work on a black car being matt! it'd prob be cheaper getting another and selling mine than getting it painted!