Rear speakers not working?!

Ryan Winters

Reaction score
Just noticed recently that none of my rear speakers are working the two in the doors and the big one on the parcel shelf, not sure if they were ever working since I owned the car. It has the bose sound system and an aftermarket CD player as shown below..
7352783803571c59318f5301b014c25d.jpg

e721a2f2f947988b89ececabe2c45bd2.jpg

All connections to the CD player are good....any ideas anyone?

Yeh I was messing about with the balance that's when I noticed there was no sound from the back

do you have a multimeter to check voltage is reaching the speakers? that way you can confirm all wiring /connections are correct through the car and will tell you if speakers are "dead" or a connection fault..

balance just moves sound from Left to Right side of car, Fader moves from front to Back...Sorry if teaching you to "suck eggs" just trying to confirm all basics are covered ;)

Wiring would be the 1st port of call, as its Bose then all speakers wire direct to the amp, otherwise non bose can be rears amp'd with fronts direct, which is why I would question if it is Bose & the amp isn't being turned on/signalling to power rears.

balance just moves sound from Left to Right side of car, Fader moves from front to Back...Sorry if teaching you to "suck eggs" just trying to confirm all basics are covered ;)
No I know how it works lol definitely no sound from the back....sound is still good but I like everything to be working

do you have a multimeter to check voltage is reaching the speakers? that way you can confirm all wiring /connections are correct through the car and will tell you if speakers are "dead" or a connection fault..
That's not a bad idea I could maybe get a lend of one and try that later

Wiring would be the 1st port of call, as its Bose then all speakers wire direct to the amp, otherwise non bose can be rears amp'd with fronts direct, which is why I would question if it is Bose & the amp isn't being turned on/signalling to power rears.
Do you know wer the amp is located? It's a saloon s line

Not having the Knowledge that NHN does Personnally I would start at speaker end with Multimeter if no voltage there I'd then check at the AMP to confirm output from there, if no O/P there obv look to see Input is correct if Input voltage is there it points a dodgy Amp ...

Not having the Knowledge that NHN does Personnally I would start at speaker end with Multimeter if no voltage there I'd then check at the AMP to confirm output from there, if no O/P there obv look to see Input is correct if Input voltage is there it points a dodgy Amp ...
Mate has a multimeter might check the speakers for power etc later on cheers for the reply