Rear solid seats -> rear 60/40 folding

dimitar.tuntov.5

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Well the topic says most of it - i done this with my B5 when i fit the Recaro but now i want to be more carefully !
Is there anyone cut the metal plate and fix all the bracket for rear folding seats

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jack Kelly
Definitely post pictures if you do! I always thought the metal also adds some structural rigidity to the saloon but I suppose some did fold so maybe not. It's defiantly doable but I've never seen it done and this is probably down to nobody wanting to go through with hacking up the rear of their pride and joy... *waits for the avant boys to chime in and suggest which type of Audi to replace this saloon with*.

Reactions: GDCAUDIA4B7 and dimitar.tuntov.5
I done it and 3 years after that no troubles with the B5's so no structure problems for sure !
Just want to be careful now and do it a bit better

It has been done. Before I bought my a4 I looked into it as I was struggling to find an a4 with folding seats, luckily I found one.

From what I understand you need to cut out the metal skin behind the seats, then weld in the rear seat location tabs for the bottom part of the seat and the securing loops at the top.

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
I'm also intrigued into how this is done as I was wanting to buy s4 seas for mine but the rear being folding put me off