Rear shocker boot trim removal.

Phil-1

Regional Rep
Reaction score
Website
www.philseagust.co.uk
Can someone please help me. I want to check the top shocker mount.

How do you remove the trim in the boot to get to the top mount?

Thanks

Top of the shock absorber?

It's mounted from the top of the rear arches. You can't see it from in the boot.

2 x 17mm bolts attach it to the car, but you've gotta pull a bit of the arch liner out the way to see them.

Thanks guys. I'm trying to get to the bottom of a suspension knock/noise, I have had the spring and bushes checked last week when it had its MOT. The noise sounds like it's coming high up. Could something else be loose behind the boot trim?

Update:
Just been out checked the shocker mounting and all is good no leaks or anything. I then looked at the under suspension plastic tray, I had noticed that it was a bit loose, anyway had a close look and its broken it has several cracks and possibly a clip missing. Took it for a quick test and the noise has gone. Result😃😃

Reactions: TillA
Update:
Just been out checked the shocker mounting and all is good no leaks or anything. I then looked at the under suspension plastic tray, I had noticed that it was a bit loose, anyway had a close look and its broken it has several cracks and possibly a clip missing. Took it for a quick test and the noise has gone. Result������������

Great! If only all repairs were as easy............