Rear seats won't drop.

jbw

Reaction score
Website
www.anotheragenda.com
So I sold the old 1.6 and bought a 1.8T quattro. It's lovely to drive but yesterday I needed to get something larger than a paperclip in the boot and I found that the rear seats won't go down.

Well, of the 60/40 the passenger side rear seat will drop fine but the larger driver side section will not budge. I'm thinking the handle is damaged and the lock isn't opening fully. It's definately stuck on something.

Does anyone know of a way to drop the rear seats without using the handle/lock? I had a look in from the boot but couldn't see anything there.

Cheers,
jbw

Ha ha.. yeah we've got our own pad.
I got a surround sound system in a chuffing huge box, delivered to work. In the end I had to remove all the packaging just to get it in the car.

yeh mine normally does this the handles are very weak but sumtimes the lock locks up to tight i give it a thump as if im putting it back up then try the handle this normally does the trick! hope it works

Blimey... a proper answer at last. :)

Cheers Ibzzzz - what exactly are you thumping? Are you just whacking the seat back towards the boot with the handle pressed? There's some give but it's definately ceased up. Will give it a try tomorrow.

Had this happen a few times, I used to bang it in the hope it would open but in the end I found the easiest way was use a small screwdriver and just lever the catch up on the back of the chair while pulling the handle.