Rear Seatbelt warning ?

C2 DTN

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
How do these work? are they the same as the drivers one, i.e. beep and flash if the seat is ocupied and belt is not on ?

There's 3 seats on your DIS that represent each back seat, they change colour and beep if someone in the back isn't wearing their belt I believe

Not sure that you get a beep. The little buckle icon just changes. Not sure if I have driven without a backseat passenger buckled up though.

They don't have sensors to detect someone in the seat. They only sense if the seat belt is buckled up. I think you get an alarm go off if it's unplugged while driving. But no alarm if you pull away and it doesn't get buckled up in the first place

Reactions: C2 DTN
Yep, no beep for the back seat otherwise if you put anything heavy on them it would be very annoying, just the picture on the bottom right of the dis

Ok so next question, if i disable seat belt warning with VCDS, will it turn off the rear 3 little seat icons ?

There's no sensors on the seats themselves, only the seatbelts - so still up to you to check that the right symbols are lit for the people in the seats. There is a beep if they get unplugged / changed during driving.

Yeah only the front passenger has occupancy sensor aswell as belt clip sensor.

There's 3 seats on your DIS that represent each back seat, they change colour and beep if someone in the back isn't wearing their belt I believe

I've only got two seats in the back of my car.
Interesting though, I'm going to try this out on the weekend and see whether it works on mine.