Rear quarter panel damage

Nick_B

Reaction score
Hi All,

Unfortunately, someone reversed into the side of my car whilst it was parked – resulting in this damage to the quarter panel along with some minor damage to the bumper. They left their details so this will all go via the insurance route,

Interested in any views as to how effectively this sort of damage can be repaired. Replacing the quarter panel would seem excessive, but this is far from a straightforward dent!

Attachments

• 20220924_074852.jpg
    20220924_074852.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 127
  • 20220924_074859.jpg
    20220924_074859.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 67
They can spot weld pullers & get it out mostly then fill & profile, I'd be surprised if they changed the panel.

That’s not too bad, it’s as NHN said. It’s just really frustrating as a non fault claim can still increase premiums over the next few years. Is that a metallic red?

My car has been scraped around 4 times always on the front right corner. Nobody has ever left any details, but I do live In Birmingham.

Again, surprised if that rear quarter would be replaced. Whip out rear wheel arch liner, spot welding and pulling, fill and paint. Bumper scratches are superficial and will be sanded down. I’ve been watching ‘Serious about Salvage‘ on YouTube - which gives you a bit of an inside on this work. Next thing I’ll be buying something from Colpart!

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Pulling and filling fine if you're paying yourself. With insurance paying, I'd insist on a new quarter panel to maintain the integrity of the car, no tell tale fillers under the paint, however thin. These panels are not that expensive, a good shop will have the old one out and the new primed and fitted in short time, plus they can correct any inaccessible inner damage behind the panel.

All – and thanks for your replies.

The work has been assigned to an Audi approved body shop - the estimator said that given the crease / distortion of the panel, they are quoting for a new quarter panel section. If I were paying myself I would not go down this route – but given 3rd party liability I am quote happy.