Rear Parking sensors with coding

audiwaterpump

Reaction score
Hello
Has anyone retro-fitted rear parking sensors to a 2009 Audi A4, and then coded them in with VCDS.

I don't want to just splice into the reverse light circuit.

Thanks

Only with oem factory sensors not reverse wire types.

Retro fitting rear end ones should not be difficult as long as you buy all the correct parts that retro fitter use, have you ever considered adding front ones as well, if so now is the time to do both as the controllers are different, rear only is is 4 channel, front and rear 8 channel, companies like "carsystems" and "kufatec" do or used to provide kits, or you just buy cables from them and all the other parts used via ebay etc.
Using the correct type of tool to make the holes in the bumpers is worth while as it will make them look factory fit.

Edit:- I upgraded my 2011 S4 from rear only to front and rear and doing that also lets you end up with OPS.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Retro fitting rear end ones should not be difficult as long as you buy all the correct parts that retro fitter use, have you ever considered adding front ones as well, if so now is the time to do both as the controllers are different, rear only is is 4 channel, front and rear 8 channel, companies like "carsystems" and "kufatec" do or used to provide kits, or you just buy cables from them and all the other parts used via ebay etc.
Using the correct type of tool to make the holes in the bumpers is worth while as it will make them look factory fit.

Edit:- I upgraded my 2011 S4 from rear only to front and rear and doing that also lets you end up with OPS.
Was only thinking of the rear ones, but that's a good shout about front and rear.

Did you code them into the system?
My concern about just splicing into the reverse circuit is that it may cause all sorts of weird problems else where in the computer system.

You cant splice into reverse wires & code them in, aftermarket sensors use reverse wire but no coding, only genuine oem factory sensors can be coded & they do not use reverse wire, its can connected to signal when in use or not.

Subject to where you are, we can fit front & rears, whatsapp if of interest.

I have a spare rear bumper loom (with side assist connectors), I can dig out the part number if you are interested.

I keep dropping in from time to time.... :)

Reactions: NHN
Was only thinking of the rear ones, but that's a good shout about front and rear.

Did you code them into the system?
My concern about just splicing into the reverse circuit is that it may cause all sorts of weird problems else where in the computer system.

Yes, but I bought an equivalent wiring harness to what the factory would have used, as said no simple cutting into reversing lights for activation.

Reactions: audiwaterpump