Rear Parking Sensors for A3 (8P)

fesss_84

Sylar
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im looking to install some reverse parking sensors to my car, im sick of miscalculating how close i am to the vehicle behind. Can anyone tell me some good ones, they should have atleast 4 sensors, and be paintable to match the car.

o yea, does anyone know how much audi charge for the part, and how much they charge to fit them????

isit worth going for the front & rear sensors together????

i also noticed some of the sensors come with LCD screens and some with simply a audible sound speaker (which beeps i assume)... can u guys tell me where u installed the speaker or the lcd screen if you have one, i need some ideas.

Thanks

If you want OEM then you can buy them form here.

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=154751b4529874a/shopdata/0010_Audi/0030_A3+2003+onwards/0040_Electrical/product_details.shopscript?article=0012_Rear%2Bparking%2Baid%2Bkit%2BA3%2B8P%2B%3D288P0054630B%3D29
(Wow - snappy little url there)

Get them sprayed at any decent bodyshop and fit them yourself. It's not a difficult job but drilling holes in your bumper cover is a bit nerve racking.

Be very careful buying other systems unless they have been recommended to you as some of the kits you can buy on eBAY etc are not worth the cost of the cardboard box they will come supplied in.

Don't think Audi do a retrofit kit for the front and I'm not sure I'd bother with them even if they did.

Hope that helps

marms is right about the front kit. They dont do a retro fit kit for the front as there is not enough room between the actual plastic bumper and the strong bumper support behind.

Reactions: terranix
Salvation may be at hand. I've been digging around for parking sensor info just lately. I wasn't keen on drilling the bumper and running the risk of the paint peeling. I found this device which uses a strip antenna stuck on the inside of the bumper. It looks promising, was hoping someone else could be the guinea pig!! ;)

taurus_plastic.jpg

http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/Taurus_T123P_Parking_Sensor

thanks for advise guys,

john, tat strip thing youve found i not really keen on sticking stuff on the bumber it will be more noticable, recessed coloured sensrs are still in my opinion better, even though it means getting them fitted professionally.

I've just had to replace my sensors after I bust them with my jetwash!!.
They were aftermarket ones to begin with and not Audi, but they came with the car when I bought it.
I bought another kit from Ebay, but did a bit of research first. The kit I bought was a scorpion one as it is a recognised make unlike most of the ones on ebay.
I colour coded the sensors first, I didn't really need to as mines black anyway, but I like things to be just right.
The sensors are a low profile so don't look out of place when fitted, and the kit works really well. It comes with a display which you fit in the rear headlining. I fed the wire out of the gap between the main headling and the rear cover trim and stuck the display in place with double sided tape, so it can all be removed if needed. The display also acts as a buzzer and displays distance to an object on the relevent side of the display.
All in all I am impressed with the kit and would recommend it to anyone, another kit which also gets recommended is the Quanan kit, this is also available on ebay
Hope this helps

I kind of cheap and budget impression with that beep-sound from the speaker in think (have a look at the installation video).. A very good invisble installation method though!

Check out the Kufatec website in Germany. They do all the parts for a retro-fit parking sensor install - prices seem reasonable to. I think the Audi retro-fit is about £180 which gives you an idea. Used them recently for my satnav and BT install, can't recommend them enough, they do all sorts of retro-fit wiring harnesses.

You'll find that on the back of the bumper there are markings where the parking sensors should go. It looks pretty straightforward, even the routing for cables obvious.

My mate (Audi mechanic) fits the rear sensors inc painting and he is based in Stockton fess!

He has fit JohnS3's cruise for him and I'm sure he will vouch for him

Jam you have just made my day pal!!! a can of fosters would of topped it off, but dont want to be to picky....
tell him im interrested in his services, definately a handy contact for any Audi driver.
can you get me in cotact with him??

cheers mate

JamS3 said:
He has fit JohnS3's cruise for him and I'm sure he will vouch for him

I can indeed vouch for him, top job!! ;)
:respekt:

Jamie, You have the factory parking sensors, can you control the beep volume via the DIS? Cheers.

JohnS3 said:
Jamie, You have the factory parking sensors, can you control the beep volume via the DIS? Cheers.

You can control the volume and the pitch via the DIS.

isit possible to fit DIS into audi A3, the car has a 1/2 screen dis which oly shows figures eg mileage, odometre etc etc, i doubt very much anythig else is controllable from there.

how do i fit a full screen dis, actually between the speedometre and rev counter, currently i have seen a few light o there, for instance when a door is open, it shows a really crude picture of door with red led behind it lol it looks bolloxs!!!

isit possible to fit a lcd dis as iv seen in other a3's....???

I dont think its gonna be possible to replace just the DIS assembly, you would need to change the entire speedo/clocks assembly. Audi refer to it as the 'dash insert' I believe.

JohnS3 said:

Certainly can mate, and as mentioned the frequency of the beep too giving the option of 5 different sounds.

I'd like to use the factory Audi part so it has the DIS config options. But the factory fit sensors are recessed into the bumper which makes me think that the paint will start to peel in time. See pics below...

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

has anyone actually witnessed paint peeling from around the parking sensors when installed ????

another thing, when i asked audi for parking sensors i think they said they cost about £50 each sensor, and about £130 for ECU so the car can recognise what they are ????? if use factory fitted sensors can work out very expensive indeed

JohnS3 said:
Salvation may be at hand. I've been digging around for parking sensor info just lately. I wasn't keen on drilling the bumper and running the risk of the paint peeling. I found this device which uses a strip antenna stuck on the inside of the bumper. It looks promising, was hoping someone else could be the guinea pig!! ;)

http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/Taurus_T123P_Parking_Sensor

I've actually installed the above kit myself. Cost me £60 of eBay. Not as good as the Audi kit, but for the money and ease of home DIY installation it's a good little piece of kit.