Rear parking sensors B6 cabriolet

G

GrahamS4

I posted this in the A4 section originally but I think I should have posted it here? So the bulbous **** end and limited view of the rear on cabriolet always makes reversing interesting so I'm looking at fitting rear parking sensors and wondered who else ash done this and which route did you go. Did you replace the rear bumper with an OEM and associated parts or has anyone gone down the route of having these fitted?
http://cobracartech.co.uk/en/front-parking-sensors/969-front-parkmaster-4-sensors-flush-mount.html

I fitted a set of those to my B8. They are are pretty good and easy to fit. Just make sure you get a decent 17mm hole cutter so you get a nice clean cut. I fitted them to my original bumper. When you take the bumper off the parking sensor locations are normally marked by a cross so you just need to drill a hole in the center of the cross then use the hole cutter. Wire it into your reverse light then you are good to go.

Reactions: GrahamS4
I fitted a set of those to my B8. They are are pretty good and easy to fit. Just make sure you get a decent 17mm hole cutter so you get a nice clean cut. I fitted them to my original bumper. When you take the bumper off the parking sensor locations are normally marked by a cross so you just need to drill a hole in the center of the cross then use the hole cutter. Wire it into your reverse light then you are good to go.

Thanks a lot, I know the places where they fit on a bumper from the factory have a little reinforcing around them but I figure they don't weigh a whole lot so I doubt they'll put any stress on the bumper, thanks for the help.

Thanks a lot, I know the places where they fit on a bumper from the factory have a little reinforcing around them but I figure they don't weigh a whole lot so I doubt they'll put any stress on the bumper, thanks for the help.

They don't weigh anything really and they come with 3m tape which is pretty solid.

Reactions: GrahamS4