Rear Parking Sensor Volume

mpc

Reaction score
My car has front & rear sensors and I am sure in the past when reversing if I had music playing the volume of the music would automatically reduce (if it was playing loud) so the beeps of the sensor was more prominent.

I have noticed of late this is not happening. Am i imagining this or is it a feature on some models?

I have been through the settings but cannot see anything obvious - there are volume settings for the front & rear beeps but nothing that I can see for the music volume to automatically reduce.

Anyone help?

There is a setting somewhere, I've adjusted mine in the past but I can't remember where it is at the minute.

Does anyone else find that their parking sensors tell you your about to hit something when your still over a foot away?

Ryan

Click on car, setup and there is options to adjust volume etc of parking sensors

Click on car, setup and there is options to adjust volume etc of parking sensors
this is not what i'm asking - the music playing from the stereo would reduce allowing the parking sense beep to be heard

this is not what i'm asking - the music playing from the stereo would reduce allowing the parking sense beep to be heard
My S4 definitely does this. Lowers radio volume when parking sensors engage. As to how to change it I'm afraid I don't know.

I know it isn't what your saying mate. I have it in my car.
Why don't you try adjusting the volume to see if what was there before comes back. Some time the things you think won't work, turn out to fix the problem...

It's definitely adjustable in mine, I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know unless someone beats me to it

On the MMI
Under car setting
Driver assist
Parking scroll down to the last one for volume