Rear Number Plate

1FHW

Reaction score
Evening,

Was getting my plate on the new car and found these screw points behind the rear plate once I removed the old one.

I’ve had a good look at them but they don’t appear to be able to remove them. Anyone know if they come off?

Got the plate on with stickies but they are only attached to these raised screw points and a small patch at the top. Would rather have it flush.

Cheers for the help in advance.

8CA8E2DF 0340 4953 AA0F D8483A3561C7
38E6A0C7 4E76 431F AFA5 5C499614D0C0

Evening,

Was getting my plate on the new car and found these screw points behind the rear plate once I removed the old one.

I’ve had a good look at them but they don’t appear to be able to remove them. Anyone know if they come off?

Got the plate on with stickies but they are only attached to these raised screw points and a small patch at the top. Would rather have it flush.

Cheers for the help in advance.

View attachment 196809 View attachment 196810

pretty sure if you remove them they will bring the paint with them, they look like they were fitted before the car was painted, when I've looked at mine I just though about doubling up with some sticky pads

Reactions: 1FHW
They are wedge in plastic mount, held by a dod of glue. Mine pulled out very easily on my A6 as one was already loose and spinning, just made sure the new double sided tape covered the full area.

They are wedge in plastic mount, held by a dod of glue. Mine pulled out very easily on my A6 as one was already loose and spinning, just made sure the new double sided tape covered the full area.

Thanks Ross, none of mine are moving, so will prob leave them on. Yeh, plenty of double sided strips.

@1FHW thats why I used the thicker tape as didn’t want to start getting any water leaks. I’ve had them on well over a year with no problems & makes it easy to put back to standard when time to sell.