Rear number plate surround

S-3

Reaction score
Hi

From looking at others pictures it seems that my dealer is likely to put a nasty plate surround on the back of my S3 prior to delivery, with their name front and centre.

Do most people leave them, or get rid soonest? (or maybe even replace with surround sourced from elsewhere - if so where?)

Hi

From looking at others pictures it seems that my dealer is likely to put a nasty plate surround on the back of my S3 prior to delivery, with their name front and centre.

Do most people leave them, or get rid soonest? (or maybe even replace with surround sourced from elsewhere - if so where?)
I just tell my dealer that I do not want any form of number plate surround front or back. I also want just plain plates with no lip with their name on and where there name has to be I want it in small lettering. And I just just what I've asked for. After all it's my car and I'm paying for the number plates! I also say I want them fixed with self-adhesive pads and not fixing screws. I usually send them an email well before delivery just to remind them and so there is no misunderstanding. Mind you having purchased nine A3s from the same sales guy at the same dealers he knows just what I will accept.

You're right,I've got a hideous "Vindis" plate on my S3 with a blue EU logo,being replaced with a plain yellow one very soon!

Hi

I don't mind the Euro plates - saves sticking a GB plate on when I go overseas... what I don't like are the black plastic surrounds they seem to use on the back of A3/S3s

Not quite sure if I like just a plain plate, or if I would rather have a surround of some sort - just not with the dealers name on it.

Emailing them in advance is a good idea. I accept their name on the bottom of the plates (its the law after all) but I don't want stickers, number plate surrounds or heaven forbid stick on badges (tbf haven't seen an Audi dealer do that).

Vindis even put a sticker on the back! - outragous.

I just told the dealer I didn't want any advertising and plates fitted with self adhesive. It was no problem.

Hi

Just sent that email to my dealer!

I do quite like a surround on the back, just not sure I want a dealer named one.

Might have a Google about

I need to remove mine, a job for a warmer day i think

Don't forget that there is a legal requirement to show the name and postcode of the manufacturer and the supplier of the plates and the relevant British Standard which I think is BS AU145d. These regulations apply to all registrations in Great Britain. There are different regulations for Northern Ireland but NOT Scotland or Wales (contrary to the person posting in another thread!).

Don't forget that there is a legal requirement to show the name and postcode of the manufacturer and the supplier of the plates and the relevant British Standard which I think is BS AU145d. These regulations apply to all registrations in Great Britain. There are different regulations for Northern Ireland but NOT Scotland or Wales (contrary to the person posting in another thread!).
Me?
I think people are just talking about the dealership surrounds mate not the plate itself...

Yeah know that, I'm talking about the massive backing plates not the registration plate itself

Just a gentle reminder to anyone as I see more and more "illegal" plates nowadays.

Not on any of my cars you haven't. .. but thanks anyway.