Rear number plate holder recommendations?

ScottyNS

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The back of my C7 Avant only has basic mounting, what looks like grey foam padding and then standard screw mounting for the number plate itself.

I was wondering whether one of these would look better, has anyone gone for this or anything else?

Thank you,

Scotty

Reactions: Bishop187
I recently put new plates on my A7, front and back. for the rear plate, I peeled off the thick foam pad that the old plate was stuck to. Cleaned the area and then used 3mm thick double sided foam tape. I was looking at getting that Audi sport plate holder originally, but I like the cleaner look of no holder.

f914939eba80da965b6720de79712434.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nathan89, Frizzley, ScottyNS and 1 other person
holders belong back in 2000 keep it clean

Reactions: ScottyNS and Bishop187
Hmm, will have a think! Mine is currently screwed on and thanks to the backing foam kit from new, it is bent and sticks out.

Thanks for the replies, will ponder!

I have holders - problem is, the rear one rattles when you close to boot lid, which is quite annoying!

Reactions: Y11DKB and ScottyNS
Remove the original sticky pads, clean the area and go with some new, thicker sticky pads that sit level/prouder than the recessed section. Looks so much cleaner :)

I’ve always found plate holders to rattle too like the previous chap mentioned.

Reactions: audi doodey and ScottyNS
Thank you - I think I will go that way. The last thing I want to add is an annoying rattle!