Rear lights coded to come on with DRL (2006 S3)

Follow the instructions then in our earlier posts mate and change byte 18 from 4B to 4C or 24 to 25 or 26 depending on what it already is (just effectively add 1 to the value), copy the new string and paste it into the new code box, click do it and you should have rear drls. The last bit in byte 18 sets the value for rear drls.

EDIT Should mention that in real binary, bit zero is right hand end (last) and bit 7 is "(first) on the left hand side. All numbers in all systems count on the r/h/s, only increasing the digits to the left as required by the count. But I've seen people calling the last bit number 8, or number 7 but its not.

People also though may say the 8th bit which in text terms is the last bit, so just watch out for that when coding from instructions online. Save your original code in notepad on the computer, then change stuff and you can always put it back then. If a coding attempt works for you, copy the new string (long code) and paste that into notepad on a separate line, reminding yourself with a bit of text as to what it did, which controller you were in etc. Helps later when you have to change things later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spike1979 and Abi
Change byte 18 from 2b to 2c and rear lights have come on with DRL’s :icon thumright: Just to clarify tho, are the number plate lights suppose to come on too?

Change byte 18 from 2b to 2c and rear lights have come on with DRL’s :icon thumright: Just to clarify tho, are the number plate lights suppose to come on too?

Happy days,
No mine don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have auto lights?

Number plate lights will come on when side or main lights are turned on.

Yeah I think it’s VCDS... I’ll have another look when I get home :icon thumright:

If you have genuine VCDS and the internet, you’ll be promoted for the software and cable firmware updates when you open the application. Then you won’t be working on an old version!

Yeah I think it’s VCDS... I’ll have another look when I get home :icon thumright:

If you have genuine VCDS and the internet, you’ll be promoted for the software and cable firmware updates when you open the application. Then you won’t be working on an old version!

Reactions: Spike1979

Mines not genuine....... had it for about 3 years though

My numberplate lights come on with DRLs now after coding the rears. I wish the internal red button lighting did too though.

My numberplate lights come on with DRLs now after coding the rears. I wish the internal red button lighting did too though.

Just looked at the photo of the rear end of mine that I posted the other day and my number plate lights are on with DRL’s. My mistake, sorry

So I've had these for a week or two now, but due to other things going on I only got a chance to fir them today.
Footwell lights went in fine and worked perfectly. Moved on to festoon bulbs above rear view mirror and they were too small. Had a closer look at the packaging and I had been sent the 8V kit, not the 8P kit.
Seller has already arranged a replacement so I should have them fitted in a few days, but I was quite looking forward to fitting them today to finish off everything I had planned for it.