Rear light

Jakereeves96

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2014 Audi s3 about 6 weeks ago & I noticed this on the left side rear light, does anyone know what it could be? Water/cracking? Thanks
1A3007E0 21C6 453A 891D 315AF3CC48FF
25A2A21C 0D2B 4E7D 842E 1359E4D93848

That looks like a plastic stress fracture, like something has pushed on the lens & they have cracked on the edge. Pop the light unit out and have a proper poke/prod/wiggle as you might be lucky and it just be moisture.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jakereeves96
That looks like a plastic stress fracture, like something has pushed on the lens & they have cracked on the edge. Pop the light unit out and have a proper poke/prod/wiggle as you might be lucky and it just be moisture.
Cheers, I went and had a look and does some to be cracked . I don’t know if you’ll be able to answer this, but I purchased it from an Audi dealer. Do you think they’d replace it under warranty?

You could ask your dealer the warranty question but my guess is they will say no & class it as wear & year. Just grab a replacement off eBay & bosh it on.
I had moisture in my rear right outer & didn't even bother going down the warranty route & got a mint led replacement for £50.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jakereeves96
You could ask your dealer the warranty question but my guess is they will say no & class it as wear & year. Just grab a replacement off eBay & bosh it on.
I had moisture in my rear right outer & didn't even bother going down the warranty route & got a mint led replacement for £50.
Okay, nice one. Thank you!