Rear light

Jakereeves96

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2014 Audi s3 about 6 weeks ago & I noticed this on the left side rear light, does anyone know what it could be? Water/cracking? Thanks
1A3007E0-21C6-453A-891D-315AF3CC48FF.jpeg
25A2A21C-0D2B-4E7D-842E-1359E4D93848.jpeg

Harvey

VAG Convert
That looks like a plastic stress fracture, like something has pushed on the lens & they have cracked on the edge. Pop the light unit out and have a proper poke/prod/wiggle as you might be lucky and it just be moisture.

Jakereeves96

That looks like a plastic stress fracture, like something has pushed on the lens & they have cracked on the edge. Pop the light unit out and have a proper poke/prod/wiggle as you might be lucky and it just be moisture.
Cheers, I went and had a look and does some to be cracked . I don’t know if you’ll be able to answer this, but I purchased it from an Audi dealer. Do you think they’d replace it under warranty?

Harvey

VAG Convert
You could ask your dealer the warranty question but my guess is they will say no & class it as wear & year. Just grab a replacement off eBay & bosh it on.
I had moisture in my rear right outer & didn't even bother going down the warranty route & got a mint led replacement for £50.

Jakereeves96

You could ask your dealer the warranty question but my guess is they will say no & class it as wear & year. Just grab a replacement off eBay & bosh it on.
I had moisture in my rear right outer & didn't even bother going down the warranty route & got a mint led replacement for £50.
Okay, nice one. Thank you!