1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Rear light upgrade thoughts please

+robster+a7+tdi Jul 5, 2020

1. +robster+a7+tdi

+robster+a7+tdi New Member

ok i have prefacelift but think the facelift rear lights are nicer like a huracan kinda vibe and the smoked rs7 lights just add that nice touch to the back of the a7 in my opinion.

Will this be trashy on a prefacelift seeing it as a mismatch due to exhaust differences or an rs wannabe/ new back old front etc?

Will i need to get oe rs7 lamps / plug and play or adaptor looms?

Is there a worthy replica pattern part / again plug and play or adaptors?

Say i get these that have dynamic sweep indicators and also the dynamic sweep wing mirror strips will the front end be outdated .

id really like to facelift whole car but dont think id be able to get all front end parts at anywhere near reasonable price and id be better upgrading to a newer model - agree?

think ive just talked myself out of upgrading rear lights lol

anyway food for thought

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Second thing I did when I had my A7 3.0T :icon thumright:

First thing was fitting an AWE Quad exhaust with the twin pipe S7 conversion :racer:

The sweeping mirror signals wasn’t an option then (but I have those on my S7....)

You will need a set of facelift rear lights and the aftermarket control modules. There are no good quality “cheap” lights out there, so you need to keep your eyes peeled out for an eBay listing, or purchase a full kit from the likes of these guys here

Its a relatively simple conversion, you do need to remove the tailgate trim to run some cables, change some plug pins over etc. So be prepared to roll your sleeves up!

My old A7