rear left brake light

U

Unknown

after wet weather the rear left brake light goes off but its not the bulb

driving me mad

is there a way i can loop this light over from the right rear brake light to make it work but somehow bridge out terminals in left light so car thinks theres no problem??

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the exact issue on mine. Fault was intermittent and would come and go and drove me nuts. I had even narrowed it down as far as getting someone to apply the breaks and a gentle tap on the light housing would fix it temporarily.
I had the light housing out several times too, cleaned contacts, bent contacts out a bit further etc. and this would fix it for a while. Think I even traced the wires as far back as I could and put more electrical tape on in case they were rubbing and shortening.
In the end I bought some standard replacement bulbs, which were Osram I think, went through all of the above once more and haven't had issues since. Go figure ......
Before you decide to go drastic maybe try to narrow down first whether yours is intermittent too and see if it's a contact issue like mine seemed to be.

Frank
I went to the local Audi dealership and brought a bulb for £2.17, fitted it and it works!!!
Hard to believe that my old bulb that tested out ok and had not blown was actually the trouble.
Thank you very much for your help.

Dull isn't it, mine was the same. Old bulb was perfectly fine yet same issue. I don't know why, maybe a slight tolerance on the actual bulb or alike and the slightly more expensive Osram did the trick for me too, don't know what Audi sell. I never found the actual reason.
Happy to hear it worked for you too.