Rear LED lights on Sportback

Snook

Mr_Snook
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff!

What is required to get LED rear lights fitted? Is it a case of 'popping' them in?

Cheers.

I expect others have been looking to see if there is a solution posted that's why the number of views is high. The problem with fitting LED's maybe that the bulb out warning might be displayed and/or the lights themselves may not illuminate. But I'm no expert on these things..

If it is anything like the A5 you will need 2 new rear light units, bulbs etc and some wiring convertor.. Expensive job! Why bother??

Is this the full LED rear cluster you are talking about or just a change in bulb?

Yes it is, was looking at buying the four units and wondered how hard it was to fit to my A3/what is required.

@PilotAudi - Boys and there toys....

Suggest you save your money and buy a better you next time. !

Suggest you save your money and buy a better you next time. !

1. When I bought my A3, it was an ex demo so having the options to choose this wasn't available nor did it exist as an option.
2. Not everyone has the luxury to spec their car to their full potential due to certain finance or time constraint.

I paid my A3 in full (no loan) and didn't want to go with the lease option. When I was looking for an A3 at the time, I was limited with what was available and my old Civic was about to fall apart then. People do retrofit a lot of options because they couldn't afford it at the time nor didn't think it was required.

1. When I bought my A3, it was an ex demo so having the options to choose this wasn't available nor did it exist as an option.
2. Not everyone has the luxury to spec their car to their full potential due to certain finance or time constraint.

I paid my A3 in full (no loan) and didn't want to go with the lease option. When I was looking for an A3 at the time, I was limited with what was available and my old Civic was about to fall apart then. People do retrofit a lot of options because they couldn't afford it at the time nor didn't think it was required.

Snap I didn't want a long wait for my A3, the one I bought was in stock and had the majority of what I wanted anyway.

Anyway back to my question I just want to know how easy it is the fit and what is required, if someone can help with this point that would be great.

I can understand that.. just seems a lot of expense for nil return. Your money your shout!

Has anyone got anymore info on this? I understand there may be a loom required?

Also looking at Xenons for the front, anyone know whats required for these?

I think you'll need an adapter.

These guys may have it when it is available : A3 - 8V

send them an Email if you feel like it.

Xenons will also requite self levelling and washers. very expensive...

Last edited:
Yeh, though I presume the levelling stuff will come as part of the headlights, the headlight washers will need retrofitting as they are separate.

HID's for a Mk3 focus are around £1000 for the pair including ballasts so god knows how much for an Audi. Then there is the question whether the correct wiring would be in place....

They look different to the standard xenon lights - are the DRLs there? Indicators look different too.

Also, no cornering light? That's strange, would have thought there was only 1 part for this!

No mention of washers either so it'd fail an MOT.

Ah, OK, that makes sense then.

You'd still need the washer system installed - unless these comes with the halogen lights as well, though I doubt that!