rear interior light

73pop

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop this coming on when ignition is turned off/ door opened ect?

Now its getting dark early when we have our baby in the back its like shining a spot light in his face? so wakes him up or hurts his eyes! Not sure what rear light i have but its very bright.

thanks lee

Reactions: Rob2k68
Should've thought so mate - I'm away from my car at the mo. Sounds like there's no obvious button - does the light lens itself push in to act as an on/off switch ?

Reactions: 73pop and pburv
Is there any way to stop this coming on when ignition is turned off/ door opened ect?

Now its getting dark early when we have our baby in the back its like shining a spot light in his face? so wakes him up or hurts his eyes! Not sure what rear light i have but its very bright.

thanks lee
A quick way round this is to take the bulb out...:friends:

Reactions: KieranJ22, 73pop and Rob2k68
Yeah oddly enough looks like front and rear are linked, the switch by the rear view mirror either has them both on or both off - I'd go with removing the bulb or putting some card or tape on the inside of the lens as suggested above.

Reactions: pburv and 73pop
Should've thought so mate - I'm away from my car at the mo. Sounds like there's no obvious button - does the light lens itself push in to act as an on/off switch ?
There is an on off button for passengers to use but nothing obvious to disable them independentlJust my luck soon as i take the bulb out i will need the light on in the back! will put some gaffer tape on it for now.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
A good idea is to line the inside of the cover with a very neatly cut red insulating tape it will let enough red light through to see but not too much to wake the wee one

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, richinsoton, Martinbanshee and 2 others