Rear Inner LED not working on Audi A3 8v (2013)

a88zy

Reaction score
407BB3E4 CCC7 4D06 B1E1 FA2CB513DF60

As you guys can see half the LED stopped working randomly, any ideas as to what it is, the indicator and all other bulbs inside work fine, plus all the connectors appear to be fine with no rusting literally randomly went off when i disconnected the outer light to fix a small issue, plugged the outer driver side LED back in checked to see if my lights are okag and the inner led went off which i assumed to be completely unrelated to the outer one so im just abit confused any guidance would be great
Thanks

Red DRL gets power in outside light and then through internal circuitry inside the outer light passes it to another wire that takes it to inner light. Other functions for inner and outer are directly linked to BCM. So you have issue on the outer light or the connector that is causing the issue. What were you sorting out on outer light?

Red DRL gets power in outside light and then through internal circuitry inside the outer light passes it to another wire that takes it to inner light. Other functions for inner and outer are directly linked to BCM. So you have issue on the outer light or the connector that is causing the issue. What were you sorting out on outer light?
Hi thanks for the reply, the previous owner had an indicator delayer module attatched to the outer light, as soon as i took it out the inside led light stopped working, when i put the delayer module back in it still didnt work but prior to even messing around with anything both rear lights were on working perfectly fine, ive also recently got a rear right brake light fail ( same side as the led that went off) so im guessing theres a problem down the line with the wiring?

Hi thanks for the reply, the previous owner had an indicator delayer module attatched to the outer light, as soon as i took it out the inside led light stopped working, when i put the delayer module back in it still didnt work but prior to even messing around with anything both rear lights were on working perfectly fine, ive also recently got a rear right brake light fail ( same side as the led that went off) so im guessing theres a problem down the line with the wiring?
Hi
How do the connectors pins look like on the delayy module and also on the light itself
I have seen corroded pins after use of delay module due to poor weather seal on delay module connectors. You can look into adding a new connector and getting rid of current one that might be damaged. You will have to chop 2/3 cm of wire behind connector and tap a. new connector that is already pinned. You can find them on ebay using code on the plastic connector or I can supply you one But that is if there is some corrosion and problem at the connector end.

Also i think pins are same for outer light so you can test right side outer light on the left side to confirm light is not the issue whether pins or the led/bulbs inside. You will hvae to do it whilst holding light in hand as it wont fit and someone else to apply brakes etc for you to test

the pins and connectors looked completely fine tbh but i think swapping sides would be a good shout, i think i should also mention i got a new inner tail light led and when i plugged it in, it still didnt work so just wasted £25 on a new light unit

Hi
How do the connectors pins look like on the delayy module and also on the light itself
I have seen corroded pins after use of delay module due to poor weather seal on delay module connectors. You can look into adding a new connector and getting rid of current one that might be damaged. You will have to chop 2/3 cm of wire behind connector and tap a. new connector that is already pinned. You can find them on ebay using code on the plastic connector or I can supply you one But that is if there is some corrosion and problem at the connector end.
That being said actuallt when i took the delayer module out the pins were blue and alot of bright blue corrosion looking water splashed out, makes sense why now as youve mentioned the poor weather seal, but after i did that i cleaned all the connectors and still the same 2 faults ~ right brake light and inner led, perhaps changing the connector pins may work?

If there is corrosion then you need to get rid of that connector and if corrosion is on the light pins then you can try with metal brush but it wont be easy to clean
But
It is the outer light that is the problem Not the inner light
Supply for DRL comes from outer light, Brake function is on outer light and delay module also goes on outer light so problem is that end

If there is corrosion then you need to get rid of that connector and if corrosion is on the light pins then you can try with metal brush but it wont be easy to clean
But
It is the outer light that is the problem Not the inner light
Supply for DRL comes from outer light, Brake function is on outer light and delay module also goes on outer light so problem is that end
Hey thanks for the reply i havent had time to sort it out, you mentioned you supplied the connectors, incase they are the issue how much would it be for a new one, i a based in Birmingham UK