Rear Heating controls

Psychoscot

Reaction score
I know if you are setting the rear temperature using the front controls the rear temperature controls are temporarily disabled - is there a way to make this more permanent? My 4 year old keeps changing the temperature with his toes...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Yes, page 87 of the manual states that the rocker button 5, second from right, syncs all the temperature settings and disables the rear ones.
It pays to :rtfm::rtfm::rtfm:

Reactions: blackb9er and Darren92
Yes, page 87 of the manual states that the rocker button 5, second from right, syncs all the temperature settings and disables the rear ones.
It pays to :rtfm::rtfm::rtfm:
Thanks Cuke - I did in fact RTFM and the bit you omitted "This function is deactivated automatically after a certain period or when you close the menu." is pretty crucial - you can't leave the front setting with rear selected indefinitely - hence the rear controls get reactivated...

Reactions: cuke2u
Apologies Cuke, you were talking about sync all, not rear, but same as above applies, I want to be able to set three different zone temperatures but disable the rear controls.

Apparently in some markets if the child locks on the driver's door are engaged the rear controls are disabled, but not in UK. Just wondering if it can be disabled with coding - any ideas @DJAlix?

Apparently in some markets if the child locks on the driver's door are engaged the rear controls are disabled, but not in UK. Just wondering if it can be disabled with coding - any ideas @DJAlix?

Never seen anything related to this while on my travels through the MLBevo platform coding, however I would not have been actively looking for it. Added to my list of things to check.

Reactions: Psychoscot
Never seen anything related to this while on my travels through the MLBevo platform coding, however I would not have been actively looking for it. Added to my list of things to check.
Ta!

Duck tape or strapping would prevent any child from reaching the buttons. However this might raise some child rearing questions these days ;-)

Reactions: Audidave69 and Psychoscot
Might be worth a go though... It would only have to be his ankles, so pretty much invisible from outside the car...

I thought the point of a forum was so that people could ask questions of fellow owners, a lot of threads I see passive aggressive comments like 'RTFM' in response to questions. Not very friendly. Some people love to get into the details and some just like the big picture and a quick answer from the internet.

One low tech suggestion from me to the OP's problem would be to physically disconnect the wiring from the back of the switch. Its probably a relatively simple job to pop the panel out and do. No doubt error codes would be generated, but I'm not sure if it would result in the HVAC system not working properly otherwise.

Reactions: paul wev
@DJAlix - don't suppose you ever found this? I'm close to resorting to duck taping my son into his car seat to stop him constantly playing with these buttons... He's in a different seat now so he can do it with his hands as well so I can't just tape his ankles down...

@DJAlix - don't suppose you ever found this? I'm close to resorting to duck taping my son into his car seat to stop him constantly playing with these buttons... He's in a different seat now so he can do it with his hands as well so I can't just tape his ankles down...

Nope, on the list but not high on it. If you can get to north London with your vehicle I would be more than happy to see what's possible.

Nope, on the list but not high on it. If you can get to north London with your vehicle I would be more than happy to see what's possible.
Thanks @DJAlix, that's a possibility, I'm in Streatham, where are you?

Muswell Hill, in the shadow of Alexandra Palace
Ok, ta - on holiday at the moment (more driving hence more annoyance!) Once I'm back I'll likely DM you and have a chat. Cheers!