Rear heat shield above the exahust issue.

Tommy53

Reaction score
Hi,

There is a metal heat shield that is under the bottom of the car, placed just above the exhaust. I have noticed that the metal where it is bolted on at has snapped so this is hanging loose. It rattles when i drive also which is rather annoying! Whats this part called or has anyone had a similar issue?

thanks,
tom

Mine did the exact same thing, on the near LHS as you're looking at it. A few cable ties sorted mine out no probs though.

May have to try that mate. And here's a few pictures. I may drop the exhaust down and see what can be done with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,069
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,637
ties or tex flex tiger seal etc

Just dropped the exhaust down and pulled it out to find the two sides had sheared off. I rang Audi and they quoted £26 and that includes VAT. Can't really complain for that :)

I have taken mine off for now, do you think it's risky not having that on? im only doing short drives and will get a new one within a week or two.

May have to try that mate. And here's a few pictures. I may drop the exhaust down and see what can be done with it.

Thats the exact same thing that's happened to mine, it rattles all the time now. Thinking of pulling it off tomorrow

Yeah it's really easy, just take the two rubber hangers off, WD40 + screw drivers help and then the heat shield should pull out with abit of a struggle. Like I mentioned abit further up, Audi quotes £26 and the condition mine was in, it's not even worth fixing for that :) good luck anyway

Also the part number has changed, it's not 5K7 825 711 (heat shield)

Yeah it's really easy, just take the two rubber hangers off, WD40 + screw drivers help and then the heat shield should pull out with abit of a struggle. Like I mentioned abit further up, Audi quotes £26 and the condition mine was in, it's not even worth fixing for that :) good luck anyway

Mines exactly the same, it's snapped off in the same place as yours. Are you replacing or leaving off? I'll ring around in the morning see if anywhere has got one in stock, thanks

I'm replacing mate, contemplated leaving it off but to be on the safe side and to keep things right i might Aswel. I might try 247spares online Aswel.. May do it cheaper than £26

I'm replacing mate, contemplated leaving it off but to be on the safe side and to keep things right i might Aswel. I might try 247spares online Aswel.. May do it cheaper than £26

Let me know how you get on mate, I'm going to try to repair it first before replacing

My rattle has come back, the heatshield isn't loose at all. The noise sounds similar to what I was experiencing before but I've hit the heatshield all over it and it's not that, anybody any idea as to what it could be? Cheers

I have taken mine off for now, do you think it's risky not having that on? im only doing short drives and will get a new one within a week or two.

I had a quad exhaust system put on my A4 and the right hand side of the exhaust has no heat shield at all underneath. dont think youll have an issue tbh...