Rear Fog Light

mrsnowman

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum as i have just had a Audi A4 2002 Estate. One question about the rear fog lights, there only seems to be one working and thats the offside one. Is this normal or do i need to get a replacement bulb, if so are they easy to fit?

Thanks in advance.

A lot of cars only come with one. Our B5 A4 and my bro's S4 only had one lamp on the offside.

I fitted the additional bulb to the nearside of our car, and only had to modify the rear of the light housing to take the additional bulb, but on the S4 the light cluster didnt have the electrical pin for the extra fog lamp...

Have a look on your car, if the pins there it might just be a case of fitting the bulb and possibly modifying the light unit itself.

This old chestnut again! I got quite fed up of my neighbours telling me I had a blown bulb...

The B6 came with only 1 rear fog light - on the offside. Early B6's could easily have the extra bulb fitted by breaking off the unwanted piece of reflector, but you had to wire the two bulbs in parallel yourself (did that on my 2003 B6 S4). However, later B6's had a different bulb holder fitted on the nearside that didn't have the holder for the fog light bulb.

Some post that there's only one rear fog light so following drivers can see the difference between fog lights and brake lights - but since a centre rear brake light has been a legal requirement since the early '90s that's a false argument.

B7's come with 2 rear fog lights.