Rear Fog light wiring repair. Advice please.

Vanessa

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have had this intermittent rear fog light warning light on most of the time on my dash. It sometimes goes off but not for long.

So as I was fed up of seeing it and I had already changed the bulb to no avail, I decided yesterday to investigate further, I have two rear fog lights on my car, so I started with the one that was working on the right and tracked the wire to the other side.

I found the problem, where the wire goes out of the boot via a rubber conduit if you know what I mean, there seems to be a break inside the conduit. So the conduits has a bung at either end, I tried to pull this off, but was worried about damaging the bungs.

Is it best to cut around the conduit below the bung and pull the conduit back to find the break. Once repaired tape the conduits back together, or do these bungs actually come and and go back in easily. :think:

I can can get a photo if it helps.

Just prise out carefully, drop of washing up liquid to help re-insert. It's just two grommets connected by a flexible tube. Don't cut it as you'll never seal it again.:thumbsup: