Rear Fog Light Fuse Blowing!!

Ewan1234

Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking for some advice, please.
My Audi A3 8l 1.8T 2002 failed an MOT today because the rear fog lights aren't working. Both the bulbs are basically new. I found the fuse had blown so changed it out and of course it blows straight away.

I have removed the cluster at the rear and have unplugged it fully. When I turn on the rear fog lights the fuse still blows. So it's not the bulbs or the cluster.

Does anyone know where the loom runs through the car and do you have wiring diagrams for this, please?

Any advice would be very welcome! I know this could rack up £100's in garage bills to find a wiring fault so I am happy to put myself through the pain of trying to find/fix this myself.

Thanks in advance!

(First forum post so apologies for any basics I got wrong)

Hi All,
Looking for some advice, please.
My Audi A3 8l 1.8T 2002 failed an MOT today because the rear fog lights aren't working. Both the bulbs are basically new. I found the fuse had blown so changed it out and of course it blows straight away.

I have removed the cluster at the rear and have unplugged it fully. When I turn on the rear fog lights the fuse still blows. So it's not the bulbs or the cluster.

Does anyone know where the loom runs through the car and do you have wiring diagrams for this, please?

Any advice would be very welcome! I know this could rack up £100's in garage bills to find a wiring fault so I am happy to put myself through the pain of trying to find/fix this myself.

Thanks in advance!

(First forum post so apologies for any basics I got wrong)
Sounds like you got a short somewhere and my friend to keep it simple an electrical multimeter would not go amiss at this stage hope this helps or maybe that was obvious I'm happy to send you a wiring diagram should you require it kind regards Mark

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network

Sounds like you got a short somewhere and my friend to keep it simple an electrical multimeter would not go amiss at this stage hope this helps or maybe that was obvious I'm happy to send you a wiring diagram should you require it kind regards Mark

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network
Thank you, I will definitely be using a multimeter to find out. I don't know if there are 2 looms for the nearside and offside or they run together? trying to get as much information as possible in advance before starting to rip out looms to investigate!