Rear electric windows - which models have them?

koonl

Reaction score
According to Parker's Guide, rear electric windows on an A4 are only available on V6 models - is this true?

Koonl

My V6 TDi has them, but a 1.8T & 1.9TDi SE I looked at when sourcing the new car didn't.
I expect it's an optional extra along with many other optional extras.
I can't confirm whether it was a standard on the car as I didn't buy it new.

my 2.5 tdi v6Q has them also,it is a sport though......:rockwoot:

koonl said:
According to Parker's Guide, rear electric windows on an A4 are only available on V6 models - is this true?

Koonl

Does this mean standard on V6, or an optional extra if otherwise? If the latter, then I should ask the seller if it has them fitted to the rear, and assume they are aleady fitted on a V6?

I know that for a period(about 6 months), ALL SE models came out with free rear elec windows, cruise and heated side mirrors, but they are normally optional extras. I can't confirm(or deny) that they are standard on V6's, but my 2.5TDi V6 has got them. If you're buying one, be sure to ask the seller, whether it's a V6 or not. Don't be scared to ask as many questions as you want when it comes to buying a car, no matter how trivial they may seem.

My 1.8T Quattro Sport has them in the rear but then again mine is a US spec car so it also has 170bhp instead of 162bhp.

When I bought our car in 2004, they were standard on all V6s and optional on everything else. I went for them as I just think it's crap having a car like this with manual rear windows.

I think the B7 gets them standard in S-Line and SE specs

yeah i agree, my 190 sline quattro has manual rear windows, poor.

retro fit? ;)

koonl said:
rear electric windows on an A4 are only available on V6 models - is this true?

Koonl
Im a bit confused by this thread now.Do you want to know what model A4 had them fitted as standard because as an option they are available on all of them aren't they?